Wednesday, September 16, 2009

back in the blogging groove too

Yesterday we returned a new office chair I was test sitting and brought home another one. A new chair was urgent (I gave away the old one it was too painful for me to sit on anymore!) and my aunt decided to make it a gift to us. The first one the guy said his wife used and she quilted and it was the best chair - well, it did inspire me to use my sewing machine, but, no way was it great for me sitting at my machine and back it went.

The new chair is more comfortable, but, I haven't sewn sitting in it yet. Nope. Last night, I got off the computer and back out to the garage. I set the timer for an hour. I may be a grown up, but I find motivating myself to do certain tasks daunting some days. M had the house filled with moved furniture as she was vacuuming everywhere...sheessh...she was home all day except for our lunch/chair break and she had to do that when I came home from work? anyway.....

I escaped to the garage where I had made a giant mess while she was gone. I had big plans to do so much in those two weeks..but of course various other things interrupted that train.

I cleaned/cleared enough for her van to fit back in on her side of the garage. I realigned various boxes/bins/stuff up on my side set of shelving..new labels so I actually know what is in the top most ones too. I only added 25 additional minutes too. It is truly amazing how much you can get done when you set a time limit.

I went through the paint can collection and resorted-more to the collection to take out to the special disposal site. That reminds me...there is a huge bucket container of something I need to ask M about...in the 10+ years I have lived here...it's never been used. Surely it can go too?
Maybe I will just take it away and not ask.

Every year I go through parts of the garage...one of the most helpful tricks I have employed is dating each container that houses "stuff"-it makes me think when it's labeled 2002...gee...is what inside really needed? if I haven't opened it that long?

It is always good to sort through and purge and reorganize- it is just such a time sucking task.

Of course I love the results, which is why I put in the time. When the cold and the rains arrive I don't want to be out in the garage still putting stuff away. It's going to take a few more sessions though to finish up what is left.

Another good habit I have returned to is reading through the Liberated Quilters Ring during my morning coffee time. Nice to catch up with fellow bloggers/quilters and be inspired by what they have done or are doing. Talented, creative, and fun stuff!

yikes...I am going to be late chatting here so long...!
have a joyful day



Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

You inspire me to get into my garage and do some sorting and clearing - but it'll have to wait until I get back from camping next week. There are priorities, after all LOL. Setting a timer is a good idea - stops from spending too much time at a go and suffering back pain for the next few days.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

It is so good to have you back posting regularly again. Sounds like you are busy in that garage. Good for you!!!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

So more purging in the works? It would sound like more will go if you haven't needed whatever that box holds in some time. I know I could do the same thing, I say, with the utility room in mind, LOL.

Hope that new chair proves to a be a good fit.

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Pam said...

Whoo hoo! Good job...always nice to know what is taking up space and whether or not it is something that can be passed on or tossed out, or maybe finding something you have been missing.

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com
mycreativemind@pamgwillim.com

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey GF, good to see you again *VBS* Sounds like a lot accomplished in a short time. I also like the "setting the timer" thingy. Sometimes its to help me get some hand quilting done(when I'm on a BIG quilt, it seems to take forever and the tick, tick, tick makes it go faster). Always time and places that need cleaning and/or purging. Hope the new chair works out. Hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home