Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Iraqi Bundles of Love

Tonya mentioned the link that led to my tracking down the next link-here is that link (scroll down)
Inspired by reading a link that led me here, I have two boxes , one medium size and one large size priority flat rate packed and ready to seal. The large is 13.95 and the medium is 10.95. I point the prices out as he quotes a 11.95 figure which, I believe is no longer valid. The reason they are not sealed and being sent on their way (that happens tomorrow) is, I am taking them to guild meeting tonight.

I belong to a small guild (140ish) members who have huge hearts when it comes to giving back.

I think a physical example of what I am sending will inspire them to go home and do the same thing. Many of our members do NOT go on the internet-so giving them an online address won't cut it. Of course I will give that information out to many of our members who are internet savvy.

Along with the boxes I will provide address copies and I printed out his one page - what to send, the link above. The great thing about this project is the deadline- September 7th. I do so much better when I have a cut off point to get something done.

I only scratched the surface of my stash of bonus blocks and a few ufos given to me that would not work for young children but are perfect for this type of donation.

I wrapped my bundles in yardage of fabrics as well. I am so tickled at the idea of creative women across the world enjoying my fabric bundles.

He said you could also send yarn, ribbons, sewing supplies of all kinds, buttons, notions..whatever you have extra or no longer need will be put to use by someone who doesn't have the chance to go shopping like we do.

I hope this inspires you as well.

wow, two posts in one day...


Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Terry Grant said...

Hi Cher, I was confused by the mailing cost too, but when I got to the PO, she charged me 11.95 just like Art said. Mailing is a little different, as you have to fill out a customs form and take it to the counter to mail. Maybe the price is different for mail to an APO address.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

What a wonderful addition to give! and wrap in fabric, too. Very green minded of you~I love it :)

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Patty Cramer said...

Geetings - Can someone email me the address before 12:00 Noon tomorrow? I want to share this with my quilting group!!

Patty
otterpc@aol.com

I would be forever greatful!!

 
At 2:53 AM, Anonymous IBOL Guy said...

There's a special flat rate box for mail to APO addresses. That one is the couple of dollars cheaper. The sides of it say stuff about supporting the troops.

In some PO's, they're hidden. I suspect they're not used as often as the regular ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home