Monday, August 17, 2009

a bit of the FAB retreat and more






Various FABS have been posting their photos and how they enjoyed the time together-the links on the left will take you to LJ -( Linda), Norma, Pam, and Pat. Though I believe Pat went from here on to another vacation time.

We had bonus visits from Pat's daughter, Michelle, Norma's mom, Mayvis, and my son and his daughter also dropped by. I would say it was a lively full house of people having lots of fun!

There was sewing, and laughing, and talking, and eating, and some fabric shopping, and some more fabric shopping, and eating out and eating in and in general just having the best of times together.

It's hard to pick which photos to chose, so I am going to post a few and then consider whether I need to post more.

I am putting up the various friendship blocks we each received...a fun little bonus to play with.

Two of us chose wonky houses, Norma's includes the one with the appliqued house-we all tried to swipe it by the way! just too cute done by Linda.

The other wonky houses are for me-the stars are Pat's, the single block is what Pam asked for, and that leaves Linda's with her in the photo as well.

I will save more photos for a later post that include Alice and the fun she had visiting.

I actually have worked on an idea inspired from the Sisters Quilt show and just need to do the small amount of hand quilting to be done.

Thanks for stopping by- it's been too long since I took some time to post...I will see if I can't be a bit more chatty here :-)

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

Sounds like an awful lot of fun! And I must confess, Norma's cute cottage would have had my fingerprints all over it, too! Glad you got the gals all over and that everyone enjoyed themselves! You're a great hostess and it sounds like you had a busy schedule and lots of variety, besides!!

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Twisted Quilts said...

I love the houses and particularly the liberated stars. What great fun!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

LOL, what a lovely look on my face---not. No doubt I was talking as usual!

I told you I would make you a house similar to that. Should I change the colors to suit your tastes more? I found the printout I used to enlarge it and may have some of the templates saved back.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, neat pictures! Sounds like a good time was had and yet stuff got done. The best of both worlds *VBS*
The FQ pack from my came about my birthday time last year. They are all frog prints, including the ones with just "eyes". I think you said you had gotten it at a "market" show(?) some time before. They are going to be a busy but happy quilt! Thanks again. Hugs, Finn

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Mama Spark said...

Cher,
Is that Pat and Michelle from Bell Creek Quilts? If so she is on her way to MI and I am hoping to meet up with her too. Looks like you all had a lot of fun!

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all! I love the blocks, and the appliqued house is so cool - she should design a whole quilt!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

looks like super fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home