Monday, September 28, 2009

finally a flimsey finish


I finally buckled down this morning and did the last joining seam to have this top be finished- or as my pals say, finished to a flimsey. I am going to piece together some leftover batting and see if it will work to sandwich with this top. I will use various fabrics from this top and piece a back for it as well. This was my version of the strip twist pattern we all did in August at our FABS + 2 retreat.

I love that it all came from stash/scraps and my dil gave me a wonderful compliment about how serene it feels to her.

I am flying out October 14th and want this in the hands of the person I made it for. I can't even remember the last quilt I made this year- surely a charity quilt for WrapThemInLove. I added a link for this charity - I have been a group leader in my area since 2000 making and sending off quilts for wrap'm as we say.

And here is a photo of Alice, from a recent spending the night with us. She enjoyed her ducklings so much in the bathtub, th
ey had to get dried off and come play in the living room with her...my, she is getting so grown up at nearly three point five. Time is surely speeding by!

I am flying to Texas where I will visit my other son and his wife, and he and I will spend two days doing the Houston Quilt Festival...this will be my first time to enjoy the venue, and I am thrilled my son wanted to come along and do the show with me. I have the very best boys!








Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Your trip will be here before you know it!

Now that the top is done you will be quilting it up in no time and make your deadline, I'm sure of it! It DOES look pretty even if not your color palette. Might have been at one time since the stuff came from your stash, I guess, LOL.

And, Alice---what a doll she is!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Congrats on the flimsy finish!

Cute picture of Alice!

A visit with your son and a visit to the Houston Quilt Festival--how wonderful! Lucky you to have a son who will go with you to ANYTHING quilty!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Great job on the flimsy finish! It is very pretty and will be loved by the person who receives it~will yours be the first Strip Twist to be quilted?!

Alice looks like she is enjoying arranging her *ducks*

Not long and you will be in Texas! woohoo!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Awesome top and finish Cher! Love it! DIL is right, it's very peaceful feeling. Calm and orderly.
Hard to believe how grown up Alice is getting. Beautiful child with beautiful hair *VBS*
Have a super duper time in TX. Don't break the bank!! Hugs, Finn

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

What a lovely quilt. Have great fun at the quilt festival!

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

I hope the show is wonderful!! I'm sure it will be. Glad you are feeling better, hope you get full strength back soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home