Tuesday, December 27, 2005

thanks for ring welcomes and...

I joined stash buster ring ...and really appreciate the welcomes I have received-many thanks! I have been trying to check out the blogs of fellow stash busters...have enjoyed all of them to date...

I worked on hand quilting and made a fair amount of progress after running out of yarn for my knitting project.
I had an expert knitter as our hostess and wanted to be sure to ask her for help further along in my project. But, I failed to bring enough yarn to get to an asking point. Because I find using a thimble iresome, I have a pretty sore right index finger now. So, back home-I am pulling the yarn out and carrying on with that for tonight.

My son is also staying with us for the rest of the week- he is bunking in the fabric room. No worries as I cleared enough floor space he is not in danger of being smothered by bags/boxes of fabric! I am going to have to do some re-organizing before my sewing table will once more be clear for quilting. I also need to fix the backing problem. And tomorrow I have a job interview. I hate looking for work, but, I hate being broke more.

I am happy to be back home and able to tackle the sewing room mess and dive back into Codys quilt. I figure I will still find plenty of time for quilting this week...

6 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Is your finger sore from knitting? 2 things to try - use 1 size smaller knitting needle and knit much looser so your stitches will slip easily (as always, make a quick guage to check the size). At first it does take a bit of concentration to keep your knitting evenly loose, but I find it much easier. Or, try putting a bandade on your finger with a piece of foam under the pad - the kind of foam you can get at CVS for corns on your feet.

Good luck.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

That's the catch-22 of having a job. It takes time away from the stuff I love to do, like quilting and dog training ... but if I didn't have a job I wouldn't be able to afford fabric and entry fees! Dang!!

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Good luck with the interview! We'll be rootin' for ya' :)

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Cher said...

no, my finger was sore from hand quilting because I did not use my thimble Evelyn. Good ideas-thanks!

Appreciate the comments-thanks
laurie and jeanne

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Good luck on the interview! I hope it goes well for you!
Hugs
Laurie

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I hate using a thimble so I know what you mean about sore fingers. I have found that I can tolerate those little stick-on pads you can get at most fabric stores.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home