Sunday, January 15, 2006

finished wall hanging from 2003




ok, the top photo is obviously one of the label- the middle was an attempt of a close up to show my hand quilting..and the last, the bound finished look...it measures 30 1/4 by 23 inches...my door measures just under 30 inches...ok, if I leave the door open, but I close it whenever we leave the house - keeps our boxer, Zoe out of trouble in here. Anyway, it's the first ufo finish for me to kick off the year. I have been setting up to tackle my scrap bin next-wind bobbins etc all done. I grabbed some food to go at the grocery store as I finished shopping an hour ago-nice soup for M, veggie pasta for me. Now to sort out the bin down to the blocks in progress-and put the pedal to the metal. A little sunshine coming through the window-nice!

7 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Congratulations Cher, it looks wonderful!! Love those spools of thread! What a great thing to use for the tread.
All in all could well be a favortie of mine. Keep those stitches running...glad you got some sewing time. Hugs, Finn

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

Too bad about the door, but its a very cute little wall hanging regardless. Like Finn I think the fabric used for the spools is a very creative and great idea. One I'll store away in the idea files

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Granny said...

Cher: I love what you did with that. The spools are great and the black and white fabrics really set it off. Congratulations on finishing a UFO.

Judy L.

 
At 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI
I LOVE your finished UFO,
can you tell me where you bought that panel?
I NEED that panel!!!! I would love to make this for my sewing room as well as my friends sewing room....WE can relate to this after yesterday tearing our rooms apart for fabric to start the Nearly Insane quilt!
Thanks
Kathieholland@optonline.net

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Cher, this little quilt just made me laugh! I love it....and I definately feel OVER THE EDGE most days!

Bonnie :c)

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, yay for finishing a UFO! I didn't finish ANY of mine last year (although I did start and finish a project), but I have high hopes for this year.... just finished the top of our stack/slash cmas quilt the other day.. pictures soon...

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Holly said...

I absolutely love this quilt! Love the panel, spools, flying geese, wonky strips... everything. It is so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home