Tuesday, January 03, 2006

January quilty plans

Judy asked and I have decided on the focus for January. Sew down the overflowing scrap bin in here. It is like the stuff I dumped in the corner of this room-blocking my stash closet-I am sick of looking at it. So, goal plan, put in my five minutes this am before work-come home and make a dent in the corner mess. I am going to probably pin the top on my sewing table as it is only a baby size top-then do boring paperwork that is nagging at me mentally to get started on. I will set up my Gem on the kitchen table in the evenings and work on the scrap heap. It has bits and pieces of mile a minute and crumb blocks in it-with lots of assorted scraps piled on top of those. Here is where the balance part comes in- set the timer and do some time on paperwork, then move on to some time stitching.
I don't want to feel I need a large amount of time to devote to tackling these goals. I want to take them in bite size steps. I want to be sure and enjoy the process :-)

It's been far too long since I did some deep cleaning in here- and I do enjoy doing that.

5 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I need to work on my overflowing scrap drawers too. I have several scrappy quilts planned for the next few months that hopefully will make a dent in them.

And I've started using a timer too so I won't get caught up in whatever I'm working on and forget other things that need to be done.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

good luck.... I can't do those Mile a minute blocks.... (I prefer to pass on those riches....)

Yes, I am the Nickel Queen. I have/had a pile - that lived nicely out of site and out of the way like your scraps. I just finally got to the "I need to do something with these" point.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Marilyn said...

I'm late in welcoming you to our ring, since I haven't been reading or posting during my Christmas break. I wish you great success in your January goals. I'm still trying to get a handle on just how much fabric I have, but I'm making a commitment to do some sewing each week (sewing every day just isn't happening in my life).

Glad you're here!

Marilyn

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

I'm trusting that your stash hasn't swallowed you when you freed it from the closet :-) and that you'll enjoy having even a few minutes each day to touch the fabric.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

It sounds like you set some realistic goals for January! Your first charity quilt of the year is awesome too! I'd quilt it!
Hugs
Laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home