Friday, January 06, 2006

tomorrow is another chance

My thumb is healed enough to resume hand quilting-which is good news. I need to pack up all the Christmas stuff tomorrow, run some errands, and maybe work on the scrap bin . Sunday for sure I am going to put in some serious quilting time.

Next week is the last week of work. Then, I am taking some time off and will be able to really focus on organizing the quilting studio and take some new photos of it. In the past I have posted photos of the horrible mess it can become-however, this time around I want to take the after photos! I think it will help liberate my mind to be more creative if this space wasn't so overwhelming. When I consider working at the kitchen table, I know I have to stop and set my quilting space in order! Looking back, I think it's a typical January ritual I perform. I confess, it is often an April ritual and a September ritual too! This year at some point I will have to totally remove everything and paint. I also need to replace the carpet-I am still deciding with what. Of course I have put this off for years-who wants their quilting studio not available?

4 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I need to spend some time staightening and organizing my studio too but I want to be sewing not cleaning!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

you know, I got a thumb booboo right after reading about yours....
I cut myself on the Rx cat food can... The "new" brand does not have the flip top....

I can't even zipper my zipper....
but I did sort & resort I Spy Nickels....

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

i'm glad your thumb is feeling better...and one of these days i have to go thru my scrap bin and cut things down to usable sizes...probably 5" so i can use my nickel quilt books
hugs
laurie

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Glad your thumb is feeling better..*S* And you know, I think the need to re-organize and straighten is seasonal. Mine gets into quite the muddle, and I often feel overwhelmed by ALL that is in here..LOL..as my computer is part of the sewing room set up..but unfortunately, so it the guest bed. Boy can I make a mess when DS#3 comes to stay overnight...LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home