Sunday, January 29, 2006

promised photos plus!



I could not finish Texas baby last night-too tired and not in a quilty frame of mind. However, a new morning and I picked up where I left off thanks in part to some fellow quilt pals doing some online cheering. So-here is a photo of the Texas baby top as done as I am inclined-45 by 61 1/2 is big enough and beside it the backing for it. Have not quite made up my mind on the binding but leaning towards the square looking print fabric.
The other photo is the finished scrap block quilt-as promised a few days ago! It's a charity quilt for wraptheminlove, the foundation all my charity quilts go to. A few of this quilt's leftover blocks snuck into some of the scrappy quilt 1 and likely into scrappy quilt top 2 in progress (it being the leader/ender for Texas baby). As Finn noted, scrappy is pretty addicting when you are just playing with scrappy sections and there is no right or wrong way of putting them together.

4 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great job on the top- it's very cute!! lucky grandbaby. Do you know yet if it will be a girl or boy? Finishing a UFO is a great way to start the week!!!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Cher said...

wish it was quilted and considered finished! but, it's a step at a time...thanks for the compliment-no, we don't know yet..and I am not sure if they are going to find out on purpose...which is why "boy" quilt top is coming up next :-)

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wow, you are doing great! Love the 2nd scrappy quilt - the black strips really set it off nicely.

Never can have enough baby/toddler quilts! I like the longer size - gives the baby room to grow!

We knew we were having a boy because we had to have a special (ie multi-million dollar) 3-D ultrasound done to take a better look at Little Boy. Believe me, if we could see his eyelids and lips, we could also see he was a boy! It was nice to know, but I think it would have been fun to be surprised too!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

The Texas Baby quilt grabs me -- I think I like the pinks and greens in it! Really cool!
Love your wonky house, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home