Monday, May 15, 2006

cleaning quilty stuff is not exactly doing quilty stuff

Sunday was a very relaxing day, slept in, puttered around, mosied over to my son's, had a wonderful visit and meal. Came home and decided the messy corner of my sewing room was no longer tolerable. After many hours of sorting, shifting, cleaning, and clearing-it looks much better. I am happier just glancing over there. So, the only quilting that went on was my relaxing hand quilting on the baby quilt. I think I only have two rows left now. I resisted staying up late to keep quilting on it-I am sure you can relate how you get in that groove and just do not want to stop! It is supposed to hit 92 F today...oh my. We have a/c so if it gets too unbearable, a flip of the switch and life is much cooler inside.
My to do list quilty wise for the week:
1. put a sleeve on the quilt I brought home from my sister-and get it back to her.
2. put fabric loops on a comforter, turning it into a wall hanging for the baby to be's room.
3. work on the wonky village.
That seems do-able, doesn't it? Especially as I am up somewhat earlier and can get started after another cup of coffee or two. And, I did hunt down the perfect color of fabric for the sleeve-after giving up on the right shade of yellow/gold/orange, then looking for the right shade of blue...nope, finally found a shade of green that worked. Thank goodness for a varied stash!

9 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Congratulations on the tidy studio!
We haven't been up into the "hot" temps yet. How about iced tea and hand-stitching this afternoo?
Keep cool ~ Jeanne

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Sometimes my favorite thing to do in my craft/quilt room is to clean and organize it! I get reminded of what I have and such a great feeling of accomplishment when everything is in its place!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Posting at 7 a.m. you DEFINITELY are up early...LOL. So glad to hear you had a great day. And your plans for today sound good to me. I have some "stuff" to do, but also must "attach" the last of those stars so I can get the quilt together.
I was Portland was suppose to hit the 90's today, stay cool!

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Pink and Barbara said...

Ow cleaning sewingroom is a bit quilty...just not the most fun part of it..*s*. I need to start doing that too.. Good luck with you top 3 of things to do. It seems very do-able! Have fun!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

That sounds like such a nice day. :)

Darilyn

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

One of my goals for my week of vacation coming up is to re-sort all my fabrics by color - congrats on getting yours cleaned up!

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

It's terrible when the mess gets out of control isn't it? I cleaned up my room to have my Bee group there last Friday - of course I left it until the last minute and spent all day Thursday cleaning.

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that groove- often, when I get in it and push late into the night, Imake my worst mistakes! I'm having to learn to ignore the pull of the groove after, say, 10pm!

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

Cleaning sewing stuff is quilty enough for me some days :-) Gives room for creative thoughts and room to sew and quilt ! I could use a taste of organizing in my corner too ! Thanks for the inspiration ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home