Friday, May 12, 2006

want to see real wonky quilting circles??


I use my charity quilts to practice my free motion quilting. Sometimes it comes out looking really good...other times...pretty, uh, creative...wonky...funky. I decided I wanted to play with continous circles...and some of them came out the way I wanted, some of them I did some juggling...in the end...I decided it was ok the way it turned out...I had a lot of fun doing it...and though they may not be the prettiest circles..this quilt won't fall apart either.
Did I mention this one plus 28 others are all going away tomorrow? I sure had a lot of fun looking at all the quilts my friends and I made so far this year.
On Sunday I am being treated to personally made brunch by my "chef" son-he is doing waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, including bacon and coffee. His mother in law will also be joining us...we moms are being celebrated together which I find very sweet. As she doesn't speak any English and I don't speak any Korean, we will smile a lot and do just fine. I do miss not being able to chat about the upcoming grandchild we both are looking forward to however. Her son is also having a baby, about a month before her daughter...talk about coming all at once :-) Once that is all over my plan is to come home and quilt....the rest of the day. I made sure I cleaned house today and there is plenty of leftovers for dinner on Sunday too.
I am quite looking forward to this weekend-especially if the nice weather holds..the color keeps coming on in the front garden...I really need to get some photos!
Life is Good:
working out is becoming a fun habit
a clean car inside and out
another pound lost
got a phone call I have been waiting all week for
and, had a nice long phone chat with my sis
It just was a really good day!

3 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Whoever gets this quilt is gonna be thrilled - who cares about a little wonkiness here or there. 28? Very sweet of all of you!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Cathi said...

I'm getting hungry just thinking about your breakfast tomorrow. Irish mums get their day in March, so I just have to phone my American mom!!

The quilt is great, wonky circles are fun! All my free motion quilting is wonky...not just the circles, LOL! I'll get there eventually!!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Hanne said...

The quilt and the circles are very nice - and will warm and comfort a lot !
I bet you are looking forward to be a grandmother ! Maybe the other grandmother will learn more English through her new grandchild ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home