Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday-a much better day

I seem to be "back" to normal...resulting in some various quilty things done during the day. I finished one guild block and begged off the second that I had screwed up and returned. I then moved on to clearing a stack of fabrics/ufos/etc in front of my stash closet.
I reorganized charity ufos-sending several out to the garage for another time, pinned two more for quilting (the last "old" donated top and a flannel one) and put various pieces of fabric back in the color shelves in the fabric room. I have decided I need to only have 5 projects in here-in various stages of being worked on. Here is how I am counting projects: 1) the stack of 3 quilts,waiting to be quilted 2) Judy's pattern-still considering fabrics for that 3) fabric/scraps for Ryan's string quilt (finally decided on that "pattern" for his next quilt 4)Tonya's X's and O's and 5) ostrich round robin. I think that is enough to keep me busy and out of trouble for quite a while.
Ok-off to watch the last playoff women's basketball game taped earlier today. oh, and to take backyard patio progress photos..it's been a while since I have done that and it's changed of course. We are nearing the end of this part. The hill of gravel remains outside-wish someone would pull up and take it all away..eventually someone will of course, just wishing it had been today. I even finished the laundry today as well-so a quiet Sunday - nice and peaceful.
Life is Good:
sleeping in
salmon cakes for supper
staying home all day

10 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Patti said...

So sorry to hear you were under the weather yesterday - and glad you are back to normal today. Sounds like you have a good plan for your projects. Saw the pictures on Linda's blog of all the quilts you ladies fnished - you need to send the pictures in to the readers' sharing column in Quilters Newsletter Magazine. I'm sure they'd love to print the story and a picture. What a wonderful accomplishment for you Belles.

Do you realize it's almost September, and the first CCQ meeting of the fall will be here before we know it?

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Back to normal is good! I need to get a bit more organized with my projects again. I've been just kinda going helter skelter from one to the other never quite finishing anything. So as soon as I finish Judy's project I'm going to stop and get some borders put on a couple tops. Then next weekend I can let myself start on a new project.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Glad you're feeling better!

Have you decided where you're going with the ostrich round yet? I'm almost done with my round for this two months... but my fabric choices were easy, it was mainly finding a block and settling on a layout for it that I had to do. :)

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

glad you're feeling better and had better success with cutting and quilting today. :-)

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Pam said...

back on track and feeling better is always a good thing...yes, please post updated pics, enquiring minds wanna see!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Yes, those 5 projects should keep you out of trouble - unless you have to go to a quilt store for any of them!

Who's playing in the women's playoffs? I lost track?

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

glad you are feeling better enough to get back to sewing! We all know if you are too sick to sew, you are sick! yep, I wanna see pix too!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

glad to hear you are feeling better and was able to get some quilty things done.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, the number and assortment of projects seems just right. Something that can be completed, something to have in progress, something in planning, etc..*VBS* A good plan!!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Your list sounds like mine!! Sounds like you have just the right amount to keep you busy for a nice long while! Hope the tummy feels better now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home