Friday, September 08, 2006

getting close....to becoming a top!


I have been running scraps through during the week, here and there, as I found time or was in the mood. I realized when I walked in tonight that it was getting close to being the right size-so with just an hour or so of stitching, cutting, measuring,and fiddling-here is a photo of the top, in sections.
I measured but discovered, I still needed to add that bottom left side green strip on to make it wide enough-the rest of the sections are more or less the right size-five sections or "blocks" down the right side then they will join the "middle", two sections to join together on the left side-join to the "middle". the top strip will go across-it's the size I was aiming for as the right width size. add that green strip to the left bottom side- then join that section to the rest. Anyway, thought it would be fun to put up a photo of it nearing completion. I almost forgot that orphan block! I am happy with how it's come together and will do an all over quilting stitch once it's ready to be quilted. It will then be another charity quilt-making 4 to be quilted this month. I still have scraps leftover! Oh, this is about 40 inches by 60 inches...more or less...I really wanted to use all these scraps up...so I guess I am going to have to just keep stitching on them...it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it..

12 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I love the way this looks! Isn't it amazing? Our foremothers would be pround of the way you've made something from mostly nothing.

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Hedgehog said...

Someone is really going to love this!

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Another fabulous utility quilt - I love how you do these. marvelous.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Patti said...

What a terrific looking scrap quilt. I especially love the orphan block and the leopard face you've thrown in. Someone is going to really love this.

Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Loveitloveitloveit, Cher! It's so scrappy...yet so unified. Have fun stitching more....

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

those green strips are really livening it all up, and tying it together. Way to go!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Fiona said...

I like this, and although it is made from vibrant, modern fabrics, I think it has a kind of traditional look because of the way you have made it, using up all of those odds and ends and wasting nothing. My kind of quilt.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Nice and scrappy! And just the right size for the groups needs, too. Sorry I missed you this a.m.--off getting rid of that RR.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Pretty neat!

I like all the splotches of green that brighten it up. :)

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Love how this is turning out. And you know you can always take the leftover scraps and piece a strip to go in the back. Then they will be all gone.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Shelina said...

You've been busy - four charity quilts in one month! Good for you!

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cher, it's wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home