Thursday, August 24, 2006

life goes on

well, we are getting close to having this part of the big backyard project done. They have to do an acid wash and put in the brick pavers that go in those channels you see. The coloring will be applied on Friday, oh, that's tomorrow! I will come home and give a final approval on the color-we chose it, but as he mixes it not always exactly...I get to dash home and make sure we like it. It will have a sublte blue tinge to it..probably only noticable to us! The landscape guy is coming by next week and we will do the last stage-the "softscape" part...dirt and plants!
The tree I so wanted ...well, it would just be too large for the part of the backyard I wanted it to be put. It was a boxwood alder- a member of the maple family and so pretty and perfect for our climate. I wouldn't even mind the leaves! So, it's probably the dog wood tree and maybe a Japanese maple ...I am still working on that part. We have a birthday party to attend on Saturday and it's occurred to me that I should quilt something-postcard size...and I am happy to have that distraction to occupy my brain. A fellow quilter will be calling my Australian friend for me-as it turns out Telestra is not allowed to do a reverse directory listing-it's against Australian law. Plus somewhere in the back of my mind I am pretty sure they were off directory due to apparently far too many sales calls. So what can be done is being done and life goes on.
Thanks for the kind comments and hugs-

8 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Looking good, can't wait to see it with the pavers in.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Susan said...

The backyard is going to be beautiful. Are you putting in any kind of patio covering?

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

Oh, that yard is looking very inviting, even without the pavers. Are you going to have a little outdoor living area?

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

ohhh, what a beautiful backyard. You'll be able to sit out there and quilt with a wonderful sense of peace :-0

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Your backyard will be so inviting for the coming autumn weather. I can see you now...sipping a hot cuppa...and enjoying your scenery! Good for you, Cher!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Your backyard is looking neat. (Is that all your house, or are you that clse to your neighbors? They build 'em close around here.)

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

on to phase 2 then--it is looking good so far. Hope this other comes to some sort of resolution soon.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

That looks great! You're going to have such a neat space there for bbq's and stuff. ;P

Are you planning to put picnic table redwood and adirondack type furniture or round-table-with-umbrella type furniture?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home