Saturday, September 30, 2006

I also knit

I finished this sweater a while ago-started it December 2005, so not too bad. My sweetie's sister is a fantastic knitter-and did this sweater in a week for M- I was inspired and joined in the fun. I learned to knit very basic stuff back as a child from my grandma and my mom. They preferred crocheting-my grandma could do those huge lacy pineapple patterns, I have the bedspread she made for my mom's marraige to my dad. Anyway, it's been long days at work this week and no quilting done. I cleared the non-quilty stuff off the sewing table and found enough binding scraps to put together for the last donated top I quilted. Tomorrow is my charity group meeting day-I have to get it together by then! Lots of plans for the weekend-not all of them quilty. It's a glorious fall day-bright and cool-ish outside. Still plenty to do out in the garden now that the worker bees are all done. I am planning a dump run today of the leftover fencing etc stacked at the side of the house. Parking in the garage feels good!

I sure am looking forward to wearing this sweater as soon as it gets cold enough!

9 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Well done! A woman of many talents! I have tried making a sweater but I never seem to get to the "finished" part!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Darcie said...

Ooh...it's a lovely sweater, Cher. It's coming in turquoise on my screen. Wouldn't it be gorgeous with a pair of brown trousers and a brown scarf! 'Course, those are my fave combinations these days. Love the rolled neckline. Very *in!*

Have a beautiful Pacific NW fall weekend!

Hugs!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Nice sweater - love the color!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh that looks like such a comfy sweater! The cold will be here before you know it! Great color too!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is a great sweater - and with fall right around the corner, you will be wearing it before you know it!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, what a gorgeous sweater...! Your knitting is soooo smooth and even, looks very professional! I think it is probably a really good color for you also.
Glad you got a nice fall day...they are so enjoyable after the heat of the summer. Hugs, Finn

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NIce - once upon a time ago, I wanted to learn to knit - now Quilting has taken too much of my time to start a new hobby.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Very nice! I also prefer crocheting, neve rhaving picked up knitting, but maybe one day!

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous! Maybe i'll get brave enough to try a sweater one day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home