Saturday, September 16, 2006

before/after yard remodel































don't you love before and after photos of a big project? maybe we should take a photo of our fabric before it becomes a quilt? actually a few bloggers have done that- shown a selection of fat quarters and/or yardage and annouced they would be turned into a quilt. This has been a week of lots of extra time put in at the office job and not nearly any time put in on the quilting fun "job". After some fun baby clothes shopping with my dil this morning-and running several errands, I finally started cutting fabric at about 5 pm. I went from the idea of doing scrappy stretched stars ala Bonnie Hunter over at www.quiltville.com to doing my two color version instead. I need to have this quilt done by Monday. I don't have already cut right sized squares to do scrappy. So, I decided a two color quilt would do-I have been wanting to try my hand at a two color quilt anyway and this will be a comfort quilt for a co-worker. A win-win project. I changed the size of the stars to make this go faster. I have almost all of the cutting done and will start sewing in another hour. With any luck, a few hours of serious sewing and the top will be done. I have the backing cut. I have the quilting design idea and the label written out on paper - ready to be re-written on fabric. Gee, don't I sound organized? :-) okie, dokie-off to finish cutting and start that stitching...will post a photo of the top whenever time that happens...

10 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Oh, the yard looks great! Aren't you glad to have it done -- now you can enjoy it!
Jeanne :)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I love the change to your yard! Very nice!

You do sound organized on ths latest project. Good for you!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

The yard looks great - I love before and after shots too. We're always watching Landscaper's Challenge on HGTV.

Two color quilts are SO much easier and faster to cut out aren't they?

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

Wow and Wow! Your yard looks phenomenal! Hope you get some time to sit out there and enjoy it before the weather changes.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

I bet you're thrilled Cher! What an oasis to enjoy in the early morning hours...or to end a great day...with a hot cuppa. Cheers to you!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Sounds super to me!! And welcome back..I missed ya!! *VBS* The yard look wonderful..like a whole different place...amazing what hard labor can do..*S*
I'm sure the quickie quilt will be just great!
Hugs, Finn

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Beautiful yard remodeling job! Enjoy it!
Congrats on getting that purple quilt done in such a short time!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Patti said...

What a difference in your yard! Is it all done now? Hopefully we'll still have some nice days so you can enjoy it.

You didn't miss much on Thursday night. Billie's quilts tops were interesting to see, but I found her lecture almost worthless - at least for me. She kept describing how to do things - cut squares this size, sew here and her, cut apart in this way, resew in this way, etc. I was totally lost, being visual first and kinesthetic second. It was obvious many others in the audience were having the same reaction. For every top she showed us she told us what book it was in - felt like a giant advertisement. I would have done better to stay home I think. I hope those who took her classes enjoyed her.

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Pam said...

WOW what a difference!! The landscape and patio transformation is awesome. With our typically mild October days you should get some use out of the patio yet this year. And that patch of grass...the perfect size for Little Missy Alice is Wonderful to crawl around in next Spring. Enjoy!!! There is nothing like spending time enjoying the outdoors.

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the after photos are lovely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home