Saturday, September 23, 2006

babies and quilts



I can't believe how fast this week went by-I didn't recover from doing yard clean up until around Wednesday night -which I spent watching my granddaughter Alice-here she is: being held by her daddy. Sorry about the not so great shot, I need to learn how to adjust my camera better for close ups!
I spent Thursday night quilting and binding the comfort quilt- with the last few stitches and label getting done last night. I will be driving out to her home to deliver it - sometime today. It's a gorgeous fall day out - with high temps expected and I have a garage to reclaim from all the junk stuck into it during the landscape remodel project-fencing is supposed to go back up today and it's in the garage as well. Tonight I have a few quilty plans...I hope I still have enough energy by then-last weekend's labor showed me I am just not as fast to bounce back as I once was. I will see how many blogs I can read while I sit here and eat breakfast before heading out to the garage...it's going to be a busy day for me- hope yours is less hectic!















10 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Shelina said...

Congratulations on finishing the quilt. It looks great, and it seems like a perfect match for the beautiful baby. I think they will get along nicely.
Take it easy and don't overexert yourself.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wonderful job on finishing the quilt - it seems like you just started it, so that was fast!!!

Beautiful baby - she looks like a sweetie!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, you've done a super job of getting everything done all summer. It's ok to not bounce back quite as quickly.
Picture of Sweet Baby Alice is just precious..she's soooo pretty..*VBS* Lucky you!!
Hugs, Finn

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Patti said...

She is so beautiful Cher! You are sure putting in a workout every weekend since this project started. It will be so worth it!

We find out on Monday whether Jeremy and Chelsea are having a boy or a girl. Between you and me only - I'm pulling for a girl so I will have one of each come next year.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Hanne said...

Beautiful quilt and beautiful baby :-)

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Tazzie said...

What a little darling Alice is, so sweet! I love how your quilt turned out, it's just great, and I also love how your yard looks now, it's just wonderful!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Oh Cher! Alic is the perfect picture of "sugar and spice and everything nice!" How can you stand it!!! Doncha just want to squeeze her?!?

Lovely quilt. Your hand delivery will mean so much to the recipient!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Look at those beautiful eyes!!! Little Missy Alice is Wonderful is a beautiful child. Thanks for the updated pic.

As for bouncing back, hate to say it but we are not as young as we once were! Dang it anyway!!!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

The comfort quilt is wonderful and baby Alice is so ADORABLE!

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger ForestJane said...

What a sweetie!

And seeing the purple stars on white makes me want to try a two color quilt too... lol Every blog I see has inspiration, almost!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home