Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cross it off the list number 2


Last night I stayed off the computer and stitched instead. I came within inches of being done and this morning I finished my Winter wall hanging for the 4 seasons swap. It's in the mail and I am thrilled to finish ahead of the 30th deadline. I am sharing only the front - though I took photos of the back and a close up of the "label". It is nice to be done with this deadline project. I learned a few new things and really enjoyed both the doing and the finished result. I see more small size wall hangings in my immediate future too. It is really nice to work on a small project and have a finish in short order. I have a few large size projects on my list of plans for this year. Overall however, I expect to be doing much smaller size quilts as a rule. Next Saturday I take my longarm lesson-I am truly looking forward to that-and happy it is a week away. I woke up with a head cold and though I am feeling pretty ok now, it's a low energy day. A phone call has changed plans with Alice-no babysitting required, though I will drive over and get in a visit anyway.
I hope to focus a lot tomorrow on doing quilty things.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

It is really precious! I like this smaller size too. I think I'm going to make a lot of placemats because I can get them finished in a timely manner and best of all I only have to make 2.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Nice finish! Yor swap quilt turned out really cute! I love the inclusion of the words in the borders.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

oh, it turned out really cute. I love the words on there. yes, it's great to work small once in awhile. try new techniques that you don't want to commit to doing on a big quilt.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Emily Cole said...

WOOOhooooo - yippee! It's for me!!! I got it in the mail today, and I love it! I have put it in my livingroom already! I love the hand-stitching and the little cute little stars in the corners! Thank you soooo much! Now to get mine finished! Em

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

it came out beautifully- and i love those corner stars!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

Congratulations on completing the project. It's so bright and cheerful.

I've decided to hang some of my smaller projects. Except, of course, the ones that Tigger has claimed for naps. I think he has at least one that he sleeps on in every room.

Thinking of you and hoping that you're feeling better.

Darilyn

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Holly said...

It turned out really nice. I like that you included some stitchery. You are leaning toward smaller size quilts and I have decided after my projects are finished to only make bed size quilts! Hope you feel better soon. Those headcolds are the worst.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Hanne said...

Very cute little quilt. It is nice to work in smaller sizes too :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home