Saturday, January 05, 2008

quilting in the new year 2008


Here is the finished top started on January first. The blocks below the top are other Christmas swap blocks which I am going to use up in the back for this top. A ufo will get done and off it will go to charity-a win-win. Later tonight I am putting together the breakfast crockpot meal I posted earlier. It was a hit, and requested again. I brought in two large sacks of donated fabric I want to go through for tomorrow's meeting as well-we are going to cut up as many six inch squares as we can to send in to headquarters for a special project. I sure hope we get a lot done so I can have more space in my garage! The drawback to donated fabric is storing it. The lqs where we meet has very little room to spare and the shelves in my garage are stuffed. I am in a stay up late mood so ought to get quite a bit done before calling it quits.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger Pam said...

I absolutely LOVE this Christmas quilt! Great job putting it all together...love the sashing and the border looks like snow blowing...wonderful!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger dot said...

Very nice Christmas top. It certainly will brighten your Holidays next year. You list for 2007 is quite inpressive. You were a busy lady last year.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

This top turned out wonderfully, Cher! I love the idea of using those other swap blocks on the back. Excellent way to start the new year too--a quilt for charity and a UFO to boot! Are you sharing the crock pot breakfast recpie with us? I meant to ask you what it was when you mentioned it on line. Enjoy your day with your charity quilting friends!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

I love scraps. I've never really had any before. I'm cutting my five-inch charm squares in half for the hexagon quilt and that means I'll have the same charm colors for another quilt.

What fun.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful Christmas quilt.

Darilyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home