Wednesday, January 23, 2008

reward for going to the gym?

Well, the result of going to the gym yesterday morning was coming down with a sore throat last night. This may or may not actually be related but it sure feels like a non-reward for working out!

I decided with the baby coming this weekend-to take today off and give myself a chance to get rid of this sore throat thing. I hate feeling sick. While I was trying to sleep through M showering and getting off to work, I started thinking about the quilting on the Winter swap wall hanging.
I took it to guild meeting last night and finished the embroidering part and started hand quilting fans. I shared it when it came to inspiration time as it fit the monthly theme of flannel or winter quilts-and by next meeting it will be long gone. I was telling a friend it dawned on me later that I am the only one that shows liberated quilts in this guild. I am sure there must be other guild members that are fans of Gwen Marston- I can not believe I am the only quilter there who has been inspired by her work and come up with quilts showing that influence! I am happy to be that rebel quilter role model in this guild, if it could possibly be true none have come across Gwen. I just have serious doubts that could be the case.

So, I decided to take out those quilted fans-and have been happily working on this project ever since.
I am drinking a lot of water hoping to flush away the sick bug and taking it easy of course.

The sun is out and the wind is blowing hard and it's a lovely 35 degrees F. I am glad to be inside warm and playing in the sewing room. I hope whatever you are doing, you also are having fun and staying warm.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I hope you feel better soon!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Oh dear - get well quickly!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger atet said...

35? Um, I waiting for it to get that warm so I can take my daughter outside to play! Hope you feel better soon though :0).

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Sounds like a little handwork would be just what the doctor would prescribe! If she/he were a quilter, that is! ;-) Hope you're feeling better!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Gwen was the speaker at our Guild Tuesday. I too can't imagine NOT knowing about her and being influenced. Wish "Liberated Quiltmaking" was back in print so everyone could have a copy. I went to her class on Liberated Stars, and made eight which I can add to my in-process Night Sky/Follow The Star quilt.
I want to be Gwennie when I grow up!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Hope you are feeling better but if you have to be sick, there's no better day to spend at home than such a cold one. At least the sun is shining for us and that's a plus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home