Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday check in



The Winter Season Swap wall hanging is in the hand work phase now so I am not going to post photos until after they receive it in early February. I do want to thank all those who left comments on my question of which color to use. I really appreciated hearing from you!
I have been really busy with running the 2008 UFO challenge over at the yahoo stashbuster list-at the moment we have about 80 some players and once I put up the Queens List..boy howdy was there a lot of finishes being reported! We are now on our third Queen since the 15th! The idea is to finish a ufo before your name reaches the top of the list-or to finish one if you were unlucky enough to start out being either the Queen or the Lady in Waiting. My sweetie drew the names (printed on slips of paper and thrown into a bowl) to come up with the first order of names for the Queens List. There were 40 reported finishes within 3 days of that post.
You can see why I have not had time to sew and have something new to talk about. That, and I am working on the wall hanging. It is the top priority right now. However, I managed to fit time in today to run over and play a bit with Alice - so I do have a new photo to post! Isn't she too cute-she wanted off her riding truck so she could come over and see her photo on my camera. She knows it is all about her! I cannot convince her to smile before I snap the photo- she always smiles and laughs afterwards...you will just have to take my word for it, that she has a mouth full of teeth now and a gorgeous smile. Yesterday I went to a quilt show for two of the most talented quilters in the Vancouver guild-and forgot my camera! Their quilts were fantastic. If I can figure out how to get photos off my phone, I may yet be able to post a few. I don't have that feature of email or a cord to plug my phone to my computer-but, I am going to try and figure out if there is a way. I also want to find time to get quilting on my own current top ufo waiting. And, I found a new quilting design that I traced thanks to Patti to try on Alice's Valentine quilt.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

You are the Queen of Busy! Wow!

LOVE the Alice photos! Too funny that she smiles after the click of the shutter. Perhaps you'll have to bait her with just the blinking light...and then snap the "real" photo? That's the tough part of using our digital cameras nowadays...they're just not made for keeping up with toddlers!

Enjoy your week, Cher!

PS...I can see why Alice's Mommy requests purple. She wears it very well! ;-)

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Alice is SO cute- and you sound so busy! Glad you enjoyed the quilt show!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

what an adorable child--isn't it something that she knows that she can look at the picture right after you take it? Who'd a thunk it--not many of use film these days, I'm guessing with digital cameras.

Thanks for the preview of your swap piece. Turned out very well and should surely please the lucky person who receives it.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Oh, she is getting soooo big! I am happy I took/take lots of photos because gosh - these kids grow so fast! What a sweetie!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Alice is adorable. Some day she'll get the hang of smiling at the right time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home