Friday, December 28, 2007

some ideas work, some don't

just a short thought here: I am going to spend a bit of time reviewing my blog over 2007 and reflect on what I accomplished. I declared 2007 a year of not having goals, but listing accomplishments....so....time to do the summation of how that went. I am taking Monday off to benefit myself in enjoying 4 days off in a row and have additional time to reach possible short term completions.
I have not given up on my new york beauty tutorial idea...it just got shelved when higher priority projects happened.

I am going to try and list my top ten ufos and my top ten project ideas for 2008-I am still committed to being flexible about actually following these lists-but I think having them so handy on my blog will be helpful in keeping my focus.

I am hosting the 2008 ufo challenge over at the stashbuster group. Folks can play along and not join in an official way-so if you are looking for motivation and inspiration - jump on in.

Also: it is my tradition to sew for charity on New Year's Day. I invite anyone inclined to join me!
I really like the idea of spending the majority of that day doing what you want to focus on throughout the year. Giving and sharing is a big focus of mine-giving thanks for the abundance in my life too. It all works when I devote time to making a quilt for my favorite charity-Wraptheminlove. My focus this year will be to increase my personal contribution to this charity.
Balance and harmony are also important to me-I did better in 2007 in that regard. I learned many things and I know I am a better person thanks to so many of my wonderful friends and family-I truly appreciate those people in my life.

ok...off to work later than usual, but, I wanted to get this post done this morning- tonight is Alice night and grocery shopping afterwards...a late night before I ever arrive home!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I'm a list/goal kind of girl so I work best if I challenge myself. The blog makes it nice to be able to go back and read about accomplishments but I also keep a database (sad I know!) with all my quilting progress.

I like the idea of quilting for charity on New Year's Day but with Keith home I probably won't be able to devote the entire day to it. He's out of town until Saturday but then off work until Wednesday so who knows, we may need a break from each other by New Years :)

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C - what stashbuster group are you referring to? Sounds like it might be a good way for me to get motivated and make some progress before the major events of the summer commence. :)

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

I like the idea of listing your top 10 ufos and top 10 project ideas for 2008. I think I borrow that idea if it's OK with you.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I plan on quilting along with you on New Year's Day. My plan is to start the day quilting a chariy quilt and at least get it to the stage where I can sit and do the hand stitching of the binding.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Yeah, Norma started her stitching project early after I told her what we had planned---sew on donation quilts so we will work on it throughout the year. I am definitely joining you and have the project bag piled next to the machine at the ready. It just so happens to be a UFO, though not one I started, so kill two birds with one stone, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home