Sunday, July 06, 2008

Sunday update...


I am at the binding stage of both the kingsize quilt and the WFC. I thought I would throw up a photo of the k project for Tonya's summer class - the one that was more in my head than on the design wall until this weekend. It is the main focus now. It was a bit challenging to get back into the letter making groove..I needed some refreshing on mostly getting a letter the "size" I want-I am doing small as in not capital small letters, which are new to me and a bit tricky. I look at all of T's letters and boy the years of making them sure show. I am working from the sewing table scrap collection and loving the playing part. this photo is a tease, as I do not know how it will end up really being arranged..I have a whole lot more letters that need to be made. The whole thing I want to keep small sized too. Sad that today is my last day to play as I please. However, I am feeling pretty much over the sick thing now and though not ready to go out and do manual labor i.e. serious gardening (much in need of doing!) I am up for visiting Alice Wonderful and another round of cooking for family tonight. We have not decided whether I am cooking here or there-I need to call and check in with my son about that idea. I would love to get this project to the top and hand quilting stage by Friday morning. We leave for Sisters that day. We are spending the night at Bend and will be at the Sisters Quilt Show first thing Saturday morning. I will have a charged camera ready to capture some of the most wonderful quilts I know we will find there.

However, there will be plenty of quilting time-driving/ hanging out at the hotel room/driving home. A quilter needs her handwork don't you think?

And, be still my heart- my dil has brought up a quilting project she wants me to do for/with her...oh..oh...turns out she really enjoys hand work-sewing handwork. She is interested in learning/doing hand quilting. And, garment sewing for Alice...do you suppose this could be the start of something really special? yes...I do believe so...I am going to hold back my wild enthusiasm and tread very lightly into this new realm. She and I share the trait of thinking about doing things over a long, long time before we are ready to plunge in. Some call it procrastination, I think it is more like knowing when you are really ready.

And to wrap up the quilty goodness, I have settled on an idea for my booty swap project. I can show some teases of that..it is going to be really fun to work on!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

It's looking good Cher, I need to get back to my trees before the summer is over too. Enjoy the quilt show.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

looks great Cher. I really like your letters. yes, after making a thousand of the little boogers I have the hang of it -too well probably. mine look repetitive. you know I'll happily give a home to any rejects! Enjoy the Sisters show!!!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Darcie said...

Kool!!! Love the letters and the fun kolor skeme! ;-)

Oh my...to share something like that between MIL and DIL.... I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of you. It would just make your son's heart sing, wouldn't it?!

SISTERS!!! Oh! Do have a grand weekend!!!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Looks like you are off to a grand start Cher...*VBS*, it will be fun to see where you go with it. Have a grand time at Sisters. Hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home