Sunday, July 12, 2009

a few of the promised photos...

here is Michele, myself and Doni-whose blog I don't have handy, sorry. We try and meet each year in front of the library to view the quilts at Sisters Quilt show together. This year was the most fun ever! I believe Gwen and Freddy are well known enough to be recognized-this was during their very amusing trunk show at picnic at the park the evening before the Quilt Show.




This is Bonnie Hunter and of course me..we were successful this year in finding her! She was most kind and gracious to chat with us and have photos taken-she is quite beautiful and the nicest gal to talk with.
I was lucky enough to take a class with Freddy Moran- doing her dot.com quilt featured in the first book she and Gwen did together...not the same as the one behind us. I had to go back another day to get this photo as I forgot my camera class day! I did finish two blocks and had a fabulous time. Gwen came in and between the two of them, all my books were signed -except for one I forgot to bring by Gwen. And, Gwen admired my K is for Kindness quilt I had at my sewing area and recognized Tonya's free form letters immediately. She had the nicest things to say about Tonya by the way- and looks forward to Tonya's book. I managed to sign up for a two day class in March of 2010 with Gwen teaching at the Stitchin' Post quilt shop. It's possible there are still openings...you know I am so excited to have her teaching in my backyard so to speak and I know the time will fly until then.

I have more photos to share of quilts and something else by Gwen...that needs to wait another day or so.

Happy to be home, filled with terrific inspiration and just so dang happy I had the best of times!
I met wonderful online friends-walked many miles admiring beautiful quilts, and in general each day was filled with joy overflowing. A week in Sisters/Bend is just wonderful to renew your quilting spirit.

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 4:30 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Your excitement has been palpable in your posts!

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I see lots of smiles! So good to hear that you had a super time!

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger dot said...

I can't wait to see the photos. I really wanted to make it this year but car repairs were in order and that took first place. I will certainly pray the next year will be the one.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

I just KNEW as soon as I told you that I'd post before you that you'd beat me too it...you little stinker! What a blast we had. You and Doni were and are SO much fun!!! And Bonnie, Freddy, Gwen and the Gee's Bend Ladies were the icing on my cake and the cherries on my Sister Cone Lickers Society Cone! MY photos up next!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Twisted Quilts said...

It sounds like so much fun! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Finn said...

So happy to hear of all the joy and happiness you found at the Sisters Show. Must be Sisters, OR is named that for a reason, huh?
Great pictures! Hugs,Finn

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Magpie Sue said...

I'm having almost as much fun reading about the adventures of bloggers at Sisters as I would have had if I had been there in person! Fun, fun, fun!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

what a fun time - so glad you got to go!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

It looks like sunny weather for your quilt adventure

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Clare said...

and a great time was had by all. Love looking at everyone's photos and the feeling the happiness in everyone's posts. Like Finn said, there has got to be a reason why Sisters is called Sisters.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

Oh, you look so happy.

It all sounds like so much fun.

Thank you for sharing.

Darilyn

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Mrs Quilty said...

Looks like a wonderful quilt adventure and I have heard such good stuff about Sister, OR. Which I would have gone!! Can't wait to see more photos!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

How great to hear that Gwen and Freddy are as lovely as they seem in their books!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

LOVE the pics, Cher! The enjoyment is written all over your face. ;-)

And good for you for signing on for some 2010 classes already!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home