Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday piecing before Gwen's class



I am finding March to be even busier than usual. The next two photos are what I made before my class with Gwen. One is basted, the other I have started hand quilting. In fact, that one is the one I showed Freddy Moran and she loved it. I knew she would. ( it has the polka dot border)

Did I mention that Gwen liked all of these? And the two quilts I brought along; K is for Kindness - her comment was the big stitch was great in it...especially the spiral I quilted and a smaller one that hangs in our living room, she liked the curves I had put in. Sorry, I am too lazy to give you the link to backtrack in my blog and show those.



I have Alice's quilt up to the hand stitching of binding and the hand quilting I want to try.

Yesterday I went over to the Gladstone Community Airing of the Quilts and it was a fun show.
Anyone can enter so you had a chance to see every possible kind of quilt. It was great.

Once this is posted it's work on taxes time for me. I have been dragging my feet but put tax work on my calendar for today.
We are looking for a new coffee table and carpeting for the living room- we ran out to Ikea this morning but our trip did not yield anything for the living room, though we had a lot of fun finding other stuff we couldn't live without :-)

Next post: what I made in Gwen's class and a few photos of other stuff done by classmates.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Twisted Quilts said...

I love what you did. I really like the first one. Don't you love working with Freddy and Gwen. Gwen says lets try some things and Freddy says put this here and that there! I love it.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

I love what you did too, especially the polka dot one! It will be even better with hand-quilting.

I'm so jealous...I would have loved to join you in Gwen's class, but it just didn't work out. Someday....

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

fun quilt tops, cher! yup, love the zing that polka dot adds.

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Clare said...

That quilt is so Freddy! She just had to love it.

That's the trouble with IKEA. You go to buy something specific and come back with something completely different!

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

I can see that these projects are right up your alley--bright and free form!

Look forward to the next installment, Cher.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home