Sunday, April 07, 2013

surfacing from ...

 This weekend has been my most productive yet in busting stash and completing not one, but two quilt tops!  

The small green bucket is now empty of flannel squares and I am thrilled.  The first top is sandwiched and quilting will start in the morning, as I continue to put in up to an hour before off to the work mines this week. 

The second top will hang on the design wall until I finish quilting the first top.  I pushed my time tonight to not only have the top done but indulge in a bit of blog reading and write this post.

It was a rainy weekend-as gardening was out, quilting was in.  Once these two quilts are totally finished I will be up to date on my goal of a donation quilt a month.  
Next weekend will kick off doing all the house chores and what gardening the weather allows prior to the 19th.  My sister arrives that evening and I will gladly ignore all but the most required chores to enjoy as much time with her as I possibly can.  

My sister lives on the other coast, so we are lucky to get together once a year.  It has been this way most of our adult lives, but, I still really, really do not like it.  There will be much silliness, laughing, and playing.  I can hardly wait!  

I also bound off my gorgeous lavender cowl...once I stitch it together and weave in the ends..I will share a photo of it..  And, I am probably less than six rows from  finishing my second hat.  A flurry of finishes!

I have a request for a modified cowl from my sweetie, so will be casting on that project very soon.  I really enjoy knitting in the evenings.

Time to call it a night...a busy week ahead.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

two tops---woohoo! Gardening's loss is piecing's gain this past weekend. I figured you wee busy when I didn't see you surface! And then found your note the next morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home