Friday, December 30, 2005

the big push

I finally sat down and trimmed the quilt- added the strip on the one short side of the backing-and finished quilting around the outer border. I re-quilted a few lines I had to unquilt to fix that backing problem.

Now to pull fabric for binding, and get it on along with a label. Tomorrow is looking jam packed already...but I may have the evening to do some quilting.

I am totally determined to have this quilt completely done before Saturday 5 pm...as we have a party across the street to go to for the evening. I do not want this quilt carried into 2006. All new quilts started this year will be done if I meet that goal-so it's very inspiring put that way, don't you think ?

Side note: the interview went well- I got a message that the owner will have another conversation with me before Tuesday...so we shall see. I am over being nervous and feeling very calm and centered. It seems a good match for me and them...of course the money part needs to be agreed upon-and a few other details. It's a real small company- 14 total employees!

It was a great day- I made delicious chicken enchiladas- they sounded so good, my son drove over to get in on eating them :-) I really enjoy cooking for company- we had a friend over and it was just the right amount of people around the table...well, a few more would have been fine too. However, leftovers are always a good thing.

I am off to the fabric room to pull binding fabric before heading to bed. It's hard to quit when I am finally in this groove..and yet I know sleep is a good thing.

2 Comments:

At 5:40 AM, Blogger heather said...

Finishing everything started in 2005? Wow. I could probably do that but I still have stuff unfinished from 2004, 2003, 2002...

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Good for you for going a year with no new UFOs. Jeane (Spiral) made the same commitment and is also working to finish up her last one. Wish I could do that but I know I'm not disciplined enough.

Do we get to see pictures?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home