Saturday, May 13, 2006

and a back view...


As I played with quilting something different in the narrow border...I thought it would be fun to "see" it-which is much easier on the back side! As you can see, I used up more of the various donated blue fabrics that worked. The binding was pulled from the binding leftover tub as well. I have a few bins of donated fabric living out in the garage for these charity quilts.. Now, it occurs to me, I could have taken a better close up of that top section to show what I was talking about...too late! this quilt is packed in the back of the wagon and I am not pulling it out. Besides, it's time to walk Zoe and think about hitting the road. It's a glorious day for a drive -and meeting a quilty friend at the end of the drive is even better!

8 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

I hand quilted spirals on the Dragon quilt and I just loved them. Mine were different sizes. I found them so much fun to do and I found them visually pleasing.

Your quilting is beautiful. It reminds me how much I want to do the wholecloth quilt. There's something so elegant to me about stitching on an expanse of fabric.

I hope you're having a great day. It sure sounds like fun.

Darilyn

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Really fun quilting - and I am happy to hear that you had fun doing it! Looks great!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

I love your wonky...funky...creative circles!!! Great job, Cher!

And Happy Mother's Day to you. Sounds like you're going to have a feast...fit for a Queen! Lucky you!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

The quilt looks great, Cher! Even better knowing its destination soon along with the others that the Portland Piecers and BoBos made.

I expect to hear more about the trip and the rendevous from you and Pam. I'll be home by 5 or 6 your time since DJ wants to drive straight back.

Happy Mother's Day!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Happy Mother's Day Cher, how great that quilting looks..wow! Where have you been hiding that talent???

Hope the Saturday trip was a blast, and Sunday brought a full tummy, and joy shared...Hugs, Finn

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Cathi said...

Sounds like a happy day...hope you enjoyed it and had a great mother's day. The back is nearly as much as the back on this quilt!

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Nice job! I hope your mothers day was as nice as it sounded.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

I love circle/spiral quilting! How fun the back is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home