Monday, May 08, 2006

more photos and quilting


I am over half done quilting the rail fence...I am doing wonky circle/spirals :-) the babies won't care how wavy those lines are and I was in the mood for some free motion fun. Besides all those straight lines needed some curves! The sun is shining through the window, my ipod is playing on random and so...what a delightful morning it is.
I am going to upload a few small size quilt show photos...more quilts I thought were of interest to me-though I have to say, I do take a few with other online quilty friends in mind.

This one is called My Star by Jackie Weiss of Portland-a Karen Stone paper-pieced pattern-she spent over 4 years working on this in odd moments.

7 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, good to hear you are headed into the home stretch with the fence rail..always a good feeling!
Love the quilt of Jackie Weiss..that is quite an undertaking..with or without paper!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

That is a gorgeous quilt. I'm a big admirer of Karen Stone's work, but quickly discovered it's just not the kind of work for me. I just hate having to pay that much attention. Thanks for the pic.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

Good going on your quilt Cher :-) Thanks for sharing the Karen Stone quilt. They are amazing

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Don't you just love quilting something that makes you feel like you're dancing? So fun! Good for you!

Ms. Weiss has done Karen Stone very proud, I would say. Love that paisley she used! Thanks for sharing the pics, Cher!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I definately need to learn to paper piece. This one looks like a good one to do a little at a time. Good for scraps!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

This "My Star" quilt is sooo cool - but it would take me my lifetime to finish it!!!!!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

I love star quilts...this one is beautiful! What a bold choice for the background fabric! Thanks for sharing the photo.
Sio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home