Sunday, September 24, 2006

the best kind of mail

Can you believe how much Jeanne
could cram into that small box?? It's not the best photo-fighting the morning light on the kitchen table-but the sewing room is utter chaos. I wanted to say a blog thank you Jeanne, for your kindness- rest assured these fabrics are going to show up in lots of wrap'em quilts! Yesterday was an all day event putting the garage back in order-I enjoyed the clearing/re-organizing/tossing time and both vehicles now fit nicely. My sweetie pulled in late last night and it was great to have that space waiting. When I was done for the day and feeling totally done in! I took myself out to dinner, had a nice glass of wine, and came home to a long scented soak in the tub.
After that, I climbed into bed with Gwen Marston's book, liberated quilting and continued reading until my sweetie arrived home-with a few dozing spells :-)
This morning I am off the hook for Zoe care-they are off on a very long walk! and have enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, several cups of coffee and reading on the computer. Next up: finish clearing the long table in the fabric room as my son will be here in a few hours to take it away. More clutter on the floor in there! My next mission is putting that room totally in order. Once the table is gone, it would qualify for a "clean sweep" episode!
It won't happen in one day however. I have furniture to buy and the bed I wanted is no longer available at the store I found it a few years ago. While I find another suitable bed, I can sort and toss what is in there. It needs new carpet if I can not remove a few stains that have shown up.
I also need to tidy up enough to jump on the next quilty project(s). The design wall is empty! and we can't have that, right??

14 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Oh my, you were a VERY busy girl yesterday. What a satisfied feeling you must be having about now! And what a way to pamper yourself in the evening - you deserve it girl! I bet you can hardly wait for a made over sewing room - we will all be looking forward to pictures!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

What a lovely treat you got in the mail :-)

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

What a lovely package!

It sounds as though you were busy yesterday organizing that garage! Well done!

Good luck organizing the sewing space. Don't spend too much of your precious sewing time organizing though; that blank design wall beckons!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Wow! and Wow! A great box of wonderful inspiration and gearing up for a clean sweep! You make me tired! Can't wait to see what shows up on your design wall next.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Hedgehog said...

What a great box - those will be fun to play with. Good luck with the clean sweep!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Fiona said...

How lovely to open up the box and find all that fabric inside. Good for you to reward yourself after all that hard work organising!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wow - what a fun package to get in the mail. Linda J. has 100's of WIL quilts posted on her blog now - lots of fun to see all the variety!

Sounds like you had a busy day. It is hard work for me to de-clutter, but I always enjoy the clear - openness look of the space when I am done, so it is worth the effort.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Shelina said...

Sounds like you have been a busy bee cleaning up everything. Good that you took the time to pamper yourself. I thought I recognized the quilt in your last post. I was just looking at my Liberated Quilting book - it's due at the library.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, oh good, new to you fabric!! It's such fun to get stuff from other to play with..*VBS*
And good for you for all that stuff sorted, cleaned out and some tossed! What a good feeling.
Onward to the spare room..now please send some of that energy my way!! Hugs, Finn

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Judy said...

I looked at my blank design wall and shuttered the other night. Seems lonesome when they are blank doesn't it?

Great package from Jeanne!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Glad it arrived safely! Let me know when you need more.
Jeanne :)

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

You're taking *fall cleaning* to a whole new level, Cher! Sounds fun and exciting!

Lovely package of treasures. You'll have to remind us where they were from when we see them in future projects.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great package of fabric! good luck with all the cleaning!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow! What a great package! But I sure don't envy all the cleaning! Although the crawl into bed with Gwen's book sounded good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home