Wednesday, September 06, 2006

September already

Just chatting for now: don't have any thing ready to take a photo of yet. The wrap up of summer has begun around our home-the landscape guy begins his magic tomorrow. I still need to go take a photo of the completed patio-seems life has been happening at a dead run lately. I have sat and done some stitching-maybe not as much as I would like-but better than none is what I say.
The beach was great-very relaxing-but it always feels best to get back to your own bed-etc. etc.
I will make the rounds and do some catching up...probably not leave too many comments as I try and get up to speed. I shopped at my favorite beach quilt shop-picked up some perfect fabrics to go with the Quilt Pink project I will be working on in another week or so-and a few other fabrics that called my name-all marked for specific projects however....not just adding to the stash. I have been mulling over everyone's ideas on ufos and how some of them need to just go away. I may take them all out and re-evaluate just what I want to spend my limited time working on. Thanks to all for this new approach-or reminder that it's ok to change your mind!
Mostly I have several family projects that need to be done by a deadline that will arrive all too quickly if I don't get them started. Lots of quilty fun to come this month.

7 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Good to hear from you, Cher!

Can't wait to see your new purchases of *perfect* fabrics show up in your quilts.

Hugs!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, good to have you back again..*VBS* So glad you had a great time and found some neat stuff.
i look forward to pictures in the weeks to come.
Yes, it does seem like not just the summer, but whole 8 months behind us, have been at "a dead run" for you...LOL
Hey girl, step over here in the slow lane and re-group.
It's nice when we find the place in ourselves that we can put the "shoulds" down and do the "want tos"..*VBS*
Hugs, Finn

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

What will you do with the projects you decide not to finish? I always cringe when I read about someone throwing UFO's away. I'm not at the point that I feel like I have to get rid of UFO's and I've made good progress finishing some this year. Of course, I keep finding projects I'd forgotten about so I'll probably find more when I get things packed to move.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

I'll catch up with you later in the week--imagine you have things to get caught up with since you were gone over the weekend.

Yard progress pictures when you get time?

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking forward to seeing what you bought for quilt pink!

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Shelina said...

Welcome back. Glad you enjoyed vacation.
I've been working on my UFOs too. I'd rather complete them. Most of them were put away when guests came, and then I picked up something else, or I had some problem which I now know how to solve, or maybe I'm not as hard on myself anymore.

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

It's always good to spend some time re-evaluating. I find September is a good month for that -- thinking about the past and planning for the future -- all in quilty projects of course! vbg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home