Monday, November 20, 2006

49er wall hanging delivered


I thought I would share at least one photo of my brother with his wall hanging-his expression alone will tell you what he thought.
As there is a previous post with the full wall hanging displayed-this seems a better photo for showing his feelings. His son got quite a kick out of it as well-and so did his wife. I was happy that he was happy-you know? We went upstairs and it fits perfectly on the wall that is empty. How they hang it up will be their challenge-though I showed them the sleeve and made some suggestions. Did I mention how much fun we had with my brother and his family? They are the best fun.
I have dived into another new project-my intention coming home is to sew my way to a neater sewing room. It's very bad in here-and the only way to really clean it up is to stitch up the piles of fabrics - I really am out of other storage space. I had such a pile of donated fabrics I had saved that all went together-and with LindaJ's help, I came up with a pattern to show them off. I have no idea how large I am going to make it -but I cut all the fabric up! What was too small for what I wanted was cut into other size strips for the strip bins and the strings are going in the string bin. It took hours to cut all those strips and now I have to subcut the squares from those strips. I cut and stitched one block to be sure the triangles were the right size-and was happy to see they worked perfectly.
I am hand stitching down Anthony's quilt in the evenings too. So far, two corners worth are done. Once that quilt is done, I will post a photo of it plus him. I already stitched the label on it.
Folded into this stack of fabric I found a top! I may enlarge it and I may not...it's going to be tackled another time, and I am not so sure how happy I was to find it either :-) It will add to the charity quilt stack once I do finish it up.
I keep reading about the issues with Beta blogger...so I continue to hold off switching-I have enough current issues with my computer as it is. Time to take it in and have it tweaked I think.
I did go around stash ring and read all the posts I missed over the last week plus-so feeling caught up with at least those blogs. I noticed I clicked to one blog, but, they no longer had the stash logo on their site...I had to backtrack on that one to continue on with the ring. Everyone was fun to read. I suppose with the holidays looming things may slow down-that shouldn't be the case with me however. Work is more likely to be the culprit - a deadline is looming and my vacation time did not help.

9 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that you found a top amongst the fabric stack too! Mixed blessing there. Fun working with you yesterday while we both cut and pressed our way through our projects.

I admire your resolve to get the "chaos" cleared. If the fabrics are meant to be used and there is no place to put them then, that is the way to go. May take a little time but I know you feel much better that you are taking the steps towards your goal.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Priceless, the photo of your brother with his wallhanging!! :D

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, good to see you home again..*VBS* I'm popping in at supper time(Ebby is keeping me company on the green tissue paper..LOL). It's been a slow, kind of wandery day, and I napped this afternoon and feel better for having had it.
The quilt and the pic of your brother is priceless! A perfect quilt pic if I ever saw one..*VBS* He looks SOOOOOOOOO happy..*S* And I know that makes you happy too.
Can hardly wait to see what you and Linda came up with for all the donated fabric..*G*. Yes, I've got one of "those" kind of addictions...LOL
I'm sure you will do it justice no matter what it is.
I'm also a beta "hold out". Not sure I'm up to whatever it is I'd have to do to install it, figure eventually they will "root" me out one way or the other..Hugs, Finn

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Clare said...

Great photo! Best of luck with the tidy up.

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo is magic - it feels so great to know that the recipient really appreciates the quilts we give them :-) You've been working so hard on those quilts but it feels good to have the stash cut up and used for good!

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh that photo is wonderful! He looks more than happy!

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your brother looks SO happy. Way to go!!!! Good luck sewing your way to neatness...

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

He looks like he loves it!

I haven't changed over to Beta Blogger yet either and don't think I will until I'm forced to.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

He's a lucky man to have a sis like you! It's going to be fun for him to enjoy his quilt daily on his wall.

Hope you're able to have some fun in your room this Thanksgiving weekend! Glad you're home safely, Cher!

Happy Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home