Sunday, October 22, 2006

a few more nights

I managed to finish quilting and trim the 49er wall hanging today. I checked two quilt shops for a better binding fabric than the one I pulled from my stash. Neither had anything even close that would work-so stash binding it is. I have the sleeve cut and all the binding put together, pressed, & waiting. I am off to relax the rest of the evening and look forward to doing the machine stitching binding on Monday night. I will include stitching the top side of the sleeve along with the binding-so that will move it along. I still need to come up with a label. Once it's completely done, I will post a photo of it. Thanks for all the encouraging comments. This has not been my favorite project and I truly do not want to do another tee shirt quilt-ever. My free motion quilting had to be ripped out and I had to use my walking foot instead...that really was frustrating to waste so much time ripping out all that quilting. It's ok looking now-I know my quilting is not the focus - the shirts are...so I am settling for how it turned out. My brother will be thrilled with it and that is the important thing.

9 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cher -

I've got a t-shirt quilt on my list to do sometime, and a pile of old t-shirts set aside for it --

What sorts of trouble did you have? Any particular advice?

Tx,

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Finn said...

HI Cher, so glad that you can say you are to the binding on this one!

It doesn't seem like it shouldn't be so hard to make these quilts we don't like or want to make. WIth your being for family I think helps.
I've got to start remembering that "NO" is a complete sentence..*S* Hugs, Finn

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Sounds miserable - glad you are almost done with it. Never again. Now do you get to work on a fun project?

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I commend you for sticking with this project to completion. I'm not sure I would have. I've never had any desire to make a t-shirt quilt and probably would say NO!!! if anyone asked me to. I know you'll be gald to move onto more fun stuff.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I was wondering how the quilting went. I hate ripping out quilting stitches and the half row I ripped out of the Autumn quilt took as long as quilting the entire quilt! I'll be watching for the final picture.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

I know from chatting Tues night that you are quickly nearing the end of this project. Good for you hanging in there and getting this project off the to-do and list ready to pass onto your brother on your upcoming trip.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger SuBee said...

Gee Cher - great blog and AWESOME 49er quilt! If your brother doesn't like it I'll be happy to get it out of your house...... *VBG*

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger SuBee said...

Gee Cher - great blog and AWESOME 49er quilt! If your brother doesn't like it I'll be happy to get it out of your house...... *VBG*

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Having ripped out quilting on two quilts, I can offer you tons of sympathy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home