Monday, October 30, 2006

completed 49er wall hanging


The usual disclaimer...it is straighter than I could hang it...and the printer pushed the bottom left corner out...however I think you can appreciate the fact that it is done. The top lost a few inches in the squaring process...but all in all I am pleased with it. I can not believe how heavy it is! My brother is ten years younger than I am-so by the time he became a real fan, Joe Montana was no longer on the team-accounting for the lack of his name or number in this wall hanging. After all, this is a memento of HIS shirts and those times of wearing them. It certainly will take care of one blank wall in his office nicely. By the way, his 49er decorated office is his home office. He works from home at least two days a week. Needless to say, I am happy to have this done in a pretty timely fashion. On a related note, thanks to my final frustration with quilting this, I bought a larger throat area machine Saturday, a MemoryCraft 6600. It's made by Janome and I quilted a baby quilt on it as my test drive of how it handled. I chose the machine because I liked how it quilted, it's sold by my favorite lqs/dealer, and it will do the things I bought it for well. There are many great machines out there-I think besides liking how it handled (and that is such a personal preference, isn't it?) I know the folks servicing it very well-and to me, a good mechanic saying a machine is well built and a good value carries a lot of weight. Still, no matter what, if it had not stitched so smoothly and nicely...I would have kept on searching.

13 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

wahoo--cross another one off the list. I am sure that your brother will love this. Does he read your blog and already got a preview?

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Congratulations on getting the wall hanging finished - well done! How neat that you bought yourself a new machine! I have friends with the 6500, and I just loved it when I stitched with it. I understandf the 6600 is just that much better.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Congrats on the fine finish and the new machine! (From a Bears Fan!)

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

It looks great - I'm sure your brother will love it. Those T-shirt quilts really do get heavy - I commend your quilting it yourself.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

ohh, very nice! I have a Janome I like alot too, but need to practice my free motion on it!

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I'm glad you found a machine you liked. Several friends have this machine and all love it.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Congratulations on getting that quilt finished. AND on the new machine! That model is on my short list of ones to look at when I'm ready for a new one.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Another finish, and I bet your brother is one happy boy! Well done.

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Congrats on getting the quilt finished - hope your brother loves it. Several friends have bought that Janome and loved it, so hope you do too.

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Blogger would not let me leave a comment last night!!! Wowowow! 49er looks great! Brother will be so thrilled to have this to remember his team as well as his sister by! How fun for him, how fun for you to get to deliver it in person next month! Way to go girl, you done good!!!

 
At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cher, it looks great. I know it wasn't the most fun for you ever, but you did an amazing job! Enjoy that new machine!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I am sure your brother will love his quilt! It is nice to hear you bought a new machine with a larger throat area. Quilting the larger heavy quilts like this t-shirt quilt will be much easier with the new machine. Enjoy!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Congrats on finishing this! It looks like a fun wall-hanging for your brother. And - enjoy your new machine!!! Va-room!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home