Friday, November 10, 2006

leaving on a jet plane

I don't know about you-but I tend to race around trying to cram in all sorts of last minute chores to have done before leaving home. In this case, we are both leaving-with a stay at our house dog sitter coming to care for Zoe. Which means, leaving the house looking tidy-not so much lived in looking! Clean sheets on the bed, laundry caught up, you know...those chores you fit in on your day offs...or as we have done today, up early and jumping on these chores. I finally untangled, sorted and put all my jewlery away-one less heap sitting on the dresser...those sorts of small chores that you get around to doing...whenever. Zoe knows something is afoot...just not sure what yet. The gal coming is a long time friend-so we know Zoe will be well cared for and spoiled rotten.
She was given her bath an hour ago...oh, nice clean smelling doggy! I decided to load up a few cds for my ipod...though I have decided not to take it..and found a library cd in the computer! oops! I returned its case the other day- clearly now, empty. M will run that over in about an hour when they open. I still need to run to the bank for cash and pick up a few small items. We are packed and organized however. We are being picked up in plenty of time to arrive at the airport and get on board. I already have our boarding passes printed.
As Pam mentioned- we are visiting Georgia where my sister and her family and my brother and his live. On Monday we are taking a road trip over to see LindaJ and another friend Joy-hit a tea room for lunch and a quilt shop for some shopping. It gives all of us a chance to visit and enjoy each other's company-introducing my sweetie to my friends whom I met through an online quilting list and flew out years ago to quilt with. You really have to have an open mind when you meet online friends in person. Most of the time, I have been pretty lucky in enjoying a lasting (to this current time) relationship-a few times we didn't really click-which happens.
My sister has scouted a few new quilt shops for us to perhaps explore...just depends on our mood. I decided to not bring my knitting nor any hand sewing. Instead, I have brought a few books to read and plan on just hanging out. My sister has a partial jigsaw puzzle waiting for my help in finishing-and another few for us to do. We mostly will sit around and visit. She has a lab, so we will have doggie company to enjoy as well. I am taking my ditigal camera and hope to take lots of photos. I know the week will fly by...but it is always worth it to be with family!
I may check in...I may not. I know how much fun we are going to have...but I always seem to find time for being on the computer...it's that morning coffee habit I have :-)
see you around the blog.....

9 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, even tho I've missed you at home, have a wonderful trip and visit with family and friends. I look forward to some pictures(like last time *VBG*). A safe and happy vacation for both of you *VBS* Hugs, FInn

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Enjoy your trip! I envy you getting a person to person visit with Linda! It sounds like you have planned the right amount of visiting with friends and with family!

 
At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love doing jigsaws too. Seems we are collecting quite a few odd pieces that fall on the ground and get missed LOL. Enjoy your trip - it sounds like you'll get a wonderful rest and fun shopping with friends and recharge the batteries for when you get home.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I hope you are having a great time, and found the quilt stores just perfect for your likes. =)

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It won't be long now! You needed this time away and a break from crunching numbers. See you in the morning!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Your planned vacation time sounds heavenly -- no running around trying to fit everything in -- just relaxing and enjoying the company! Have a great time!

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a great trip!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow, I"m tired just reading about everything you had to do! Have a wonderful trip!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Cher, I didn't know you were coming back to visit your sister - have a good time. I'm leaving very early on Friday for a 10 day trip to Minneapolis but it sounds like your visit would have been too busy for us to try to meet anyway. Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home