Saturday, December 23, 2006

Ho, Ho, Cough, Cough


Tis the season to catch a rotten cold and still try and celebrate the holidays. I managed to stay up and finish this 2000 Christmas themed row robin a few days ago. I had a dead camera and finally this morning figured if I didn't revive it and take a photo..it would be into the new year! The second row in from the left is mine, with the row to the right of it, LindaJ's. We were all on another list and LindaJ and another gal moderated this row robin. It came back to me October 2000 and I worked on it until realizing I did not have the time/skills to "fix" it. It's been living in a bag ever since. It was on my ufo list and by gosh, I needed one more finish for this year and decided to tackle it. I repaired pulled apart seams ( I washed the top thinking it was a good idea NOT!, hey, I was a newbie...what did I know?) I added back fabric where it was needed and either whacked off or stitched in extra fullness on a few blocks. This is strictly a drag around quilt-I quilted all that fullness down or around...and bound it off. Yes, the sides are not straight, and yes...it is a sorry looking quilt. But, it's done and you know what? I am going to wash it again, and with the flannel backing on it, we will find it a warm and fun quilt to snuggle under in the living room. I chose the size with the idea of putting this along the back of our couch-and so it will live during the season. I can laugh at all the mistakes and wonkiness of it now.
Been reading blogs and have to admit...my sewing area is a total disaster...and likely to stay that way for a while longer too. There is wrapping presents, baking, cooking, and errands to finish this weekend-all for Monday. And, if I don't improve sore throat wise, I will spend Monday home sans family-no way do I want to pass along this yuckiness to the baby and elderly other set of grandparents-a gift no one would appreciate!
I finally fixed my profile-thanks Forest Jane for the reminder that beta doesn't keep that setting! so my email is once more available.
2007 will see me entering my third year of working on ufos. I think this year, I only added 2 new ones! A big improvement. If my energy permits-I have two last charity quilts to quilt and bind and that will wrap up 2006 for my group. We are out of town New Years weekend-so all my quilty stuff needs to be done by Friday night.
I hope everyone stays warm and has a lovely end of the year time.

8 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Patti said...

I'm so sorry you don't feel well! You must have gotten sick right after we saw you last Saturday. Here's wishing you a rapid recovery as it will be awful for you if you don't get to see family on Monday. It also will be a rotton flight if you are still congested. You're heading out to Linda J's, right? I seem to remember something along that order. Have a super trip!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

not coming my way that I know of since you were just to Georgia last month?

I too am sorry that you are not feeling well. Having just gone through this myself I can have great sympathy/empathy for your situation.

The quilt didn't turn out too bad, considering. Parts of it look good.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Sue Seibert said...

God bless you this Christmas. I pray your cold goes away and that your feel much, much better!

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I wondered about the block orientation when I saw this quilt, but it makes perfect sense for a quilt to go over the back of the couch for snuggling! That is a great idea!

I hope that you are feeling better very soon.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Sorry you're feeling poorly. Take it easy, relax and enjoy the holidays. Merry Christmas!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, you are suppose to be better by now! So sorry it's still yuks-ville. Give it the boot before monday..*VBS*

I think the round row is really cool, and in the best tradition of things NOT fitting together properly. Sounds like it's whipped into shape now and will be great love quilt. Those who are loved for their ugly duckling beginnings..I have them also. Doesn't stop the comfort they give.
Hope you and M and Zoe are all in good shape for the celebration. Big hugs, Finn Ho Ho Ho

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Hope you feel better!

And I like that quilt - sometimes the quilts with a history of difficulty are the ones you most like to cuddle under - nice to sit there and remember a job well done!

Happy New Year!

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The quilt looks great in the photo. It'll probably end up being a Christmas favourite to snuggle under and watch a movie! Get well quick :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home