Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Tuesday at home

reports of snow in the PNW (Pacific Northwest) here in our corner of Portland Oregon have been interesting to track-it snowed yesterday-after I arrived at work and before I left at the end of my day. Fun to watch from the window at work-but-no big deal to me. I told my boss I was taking work home, in case today was too nasty to drive in-not that I can't drive in snow-it's all those other drivers that *think* they can that bother me. In truth, I can work much faster and easier at home at this stage I am currently in - no need for the work environment-the hustle and bustle, the non-stop chatting, phones ringing, and someone being loud about something. They are a large group of women I work with-many "youngsters" the loud vocal type that have no patience with customers and not finding what they want instantly-and boy can they express some nasty things.
I am good at turning a deaf ear to it all and just keeping my nose buried in my paperwork. It's such a blessing to be working at home today-the quiet is so delightful. I put Zoe's bed in here with me and she is great company. I have my own music playing and wearing warm play clothes is comfy! I made an early start too-without the time wasted in driving to work, you feel you can see much greater progress. And, I can make a second pot of coffee whenever I want.
Yes, it's a real treat to be home working today. I will take time out later in the afternoon for a scheduled downtown appointment. The roads are fine and it should be a snap to drive. I want to go into the office tomorrow and make the most of the computer time I will need by then. Thursday it is sounding like we will be hit hard with freezing ice and such-but who knows?

On the quilting front: my nephew was thrilled with his quilt and now all quilts he sees, he says Aunt Cher made that! LOL...too cute. I am in the middle of making Christmas socks for my granddaughter, my son (an extra one as he is away from home) and one for his girlfriend. I need trim that I don't have-otherwise they are sewn and ready to give. I still need to finish cutting for my scrap project, plus have a few other quilts clamoring to be made. Isn't that how it always is? the next few quilts are always waiting their turn...never a dull quilty moment here!

If I can squeeze time into my day, I hope to pick up that trim - once they are done, I promise photos. In the meanwhile, I am slowly catching up on blog reading during my breaks :-), another bonus of working at home-my own computer and unlimited access to the internet.

7 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Pam said...

I love our weather here in the PNW!! Growing up in Portland we would stay up all night watching as the snow fell. Here on the coast we get snow but not nearly as much as you get up North. I did have snow on the car this morning.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I always loved working at home!

I'm one of those people you don't want on the road with you when it snows. That's why this southern girl is going to live in the city when she moves to Minnesota! My worst fear was being stranded in the suburbs with snow on the ground and Keith out of town!

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are enjoying working at home. I am so grateful that I only have a 5 minute commute because the weather here is severe! The RCMP have advised not to travel on the Trans Canada Highway for the last two days. We have had over 50 cm of snow since Sunday and very high winds. We are expecting another storm to hit tomorrow. This one is supposed to be as bad as the last. Stay warm and safe!

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can stay home and keep me company any day--guess we will see what happens on Thursday when the next one blows in.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, so good to hear you are safe and warm and all snuggled in at home on that bad weather day.
We were promised much of the same, but it never materialized. It rained heavily all day yesterday but the chill down and rain into snow never came. Which is fine with me..*VBS* The stocking sound neat..and anxious to see them! I'm looking forward to abit more sewing room time myself, real soon!!! Feeling pretty good, Hugs, Finn

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

I love working at home. I used to get up at 4:00am and I'd have all my calls to the East Coast done by 7:00.

That's when we got Tigger so I'd have company in my office. He's the best writing cat ever. He used to reach up and hit the "X" for me. I always had to do a search on "X" before I sent my books in. LOL.

I'm going to go browse through all the posts I've missed. What a cheerful animal quilt. And I just love the layout and the materials you used.

All the best and stay safe and warm.

Darilyn

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Sounds delightful to work at home and enjoy the snow through the window. Stay cozy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home