Saturday, January 05, 2008

2007 wrap up

I finally spent time reviewing my blog entries for 2007 and want to do a summary of the year.

4 ufos completed
8 donated tops for wraptheminlove quilts were quilted and finished by me
3 quilts for wraptheminlove
4 classes were taken
6 small bags made
1 wedding wall hanging
1 guild challenge wall hanging
1 queen size quilt for my sister
1 queen size top for us (still at longarm quilter)
1 king size wedding quilt for my second son
3 retreats attended
Easter quilt for Alice
baby quilt for co-workers granddaughter
quilted and bound/labeled a top made by my boss -gave to her.
later, repaired quilt when dog owned by boss chewed a hole in it
comfort string quilt for friend including photo labels
2 swaddling blankets
flannel quilt for dil
pink quilt for 2nd dil
Valentine top made and sandwiched for Alice
lots of scraps cut up using Bonnie's scrap saver system
and plenty of time spent on moving projects along for 2008 completion

There you have it in a short and concise list. It seemed like I did more, however, not everything made it to my blog so I am going to change my tracking for 2008 and see how that goes.
On the other hand, I had forgotten a few of the items made on the above list- so I guess my memory is not so reliable after all. I know some quilters track a lot of other aspects of their quilting passion, hours spent, money spent, etc. For 2008 I am going to enjoy doing my own quilt journal - being flexible about what I put in it and when-my quilting gives a lot to me on many levels and I want it to not feel too bogged down by keeping track of too many details...
next up: some top ten quilt projects.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:04 AM, Blogger Patti said...

I am really amazed at the detailed tracking done by some of the Stashbusters - time spent on each quilt down to the minute, yardage used up, etc. I like detail just as much as the next person, but would much rather spend the time quilting that tracking things. I figure if the scrap drawers are emptier and there is less fabric on the shelves then I am stashbusting. Tracking completion of UFO's is enough detail for me LOL!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Sweet P said...

What a wonderful list of completions. Here's to more finished in 2008!

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Too many details kinda takes the fun out of it for me...kinda makes me compete against myself in a not so great way.

You accomplished a lot in 2007...here's looking towards 2008!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

What a wonderful list! You sure did get alot done!!! My best efforts at record keeping - taking a photo. I especially try to take a photo of Little Boy with the top as an extra fun and special reference!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home