Wednesday, December 12, 2007

free motion quilting night

I have been putting in long, long work hours as I will be gone Friday. I pushed the other night to pin this ufo quilt-and then last night I was too tired to do any quilting. I got home even later tonight as I zipped over to see Alice after work. She is an excellent tantrum thrower! She has the throwing herself on the floor and kicking her feet down pat. Such drama! At 18 months she is giving her folks a taste of what a strong willed person she truly is. I think they are doing a fine job in handling it I might add. It has to be terribly frustrating trying to communicate with not quite proper words at your command-so much easier to recognize as a grandparent. At any rate-I came home and pretty much decided to sit down and do a little quilting. Two hours later, I am done with this quilt. Most of it looks pretty decent too. I am putting into action those tips I picked up at the last machine quilting class I took. I will save the trimming and tidying up for another night, most likely Monday night if I am lucky. I have a few other charity quilts to quilt up as well-all good warm up for the personal quilt I want to do some free motion quilting on. Once I put the binding on I will put up a photo...you all have a great weekend while I am gone...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cher. Your kids might consider Signing Time DVDs for Alice. I bought the 'baby' version for my grandson's #1 birthday in May. So far he's learned about 45 signs, and I think it avoided a lot of the frustration that a child (and parents!!!) feels in learning to communicate. Best investment ever. I just learned that they have shows on PBS, too.

No affiliation....yy

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger atet said...

Oh yeah -- I know the tantrums you're talking about. It's hard not being understood, but it's frustrating for Mom and Dad too. No easy answers there -- other than a nice supportive grandmother! Have a great weekend!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, here I am popping in to see the last of the charity quilts and I can't find it...LOL
I'm sure it's absolutely gorgeous tho..*VBS*
The winter swap...when I read what you said what came to mind immediately was how much fun you had with your "In the Jungle" quilt...might be an idea there??? Winter time jungle, of courst! Hugs from the frozen tundra, Finn

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

I totally missed you this week, I think---must have been putting in some extra hours in order to be gone over the weekend, I'm guessing.

Hurray on the machine quilting--always good when that goes more easily than making everything struggle and more like work, than pleasure in our craft.

Asserting her personality a bit, huh? All part of growing up for Miss Alice. They'll work it out, I'm sure as all three are learning together.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Hi Cher,

Today was my Post Office day ... so the orphan train book is on its way to you. It should reach you early next week. When you're done with it, I believe that Holly, Patty and Dot are interested in reading it, and then onward to Marcie in VA.

Hope your weekend is super!

Jeanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home