Tuesday, December 18, 2007

mid December check in


Tonight I finally sat down and finished this quilt-bound and labeled it's my final ufo for the year and will go off to Wraptheminlove on the 28th along with others from our group to conclude this year's count. Our goal was a hundred, but, we may fall a bit short-it's just been that sort of year-full of lots of unexpected life happenings. I won these blocks in our charity online auction and they have been sitting for at least 5 or 6 years I think! Good to have them in a quilt now.



here we are celebrating my son's graduation-from Sam Houston State University. I am a very proud mama. His brother graduated from Portland Culinary Institute several years ago- so both my sons have invested in their future through education. This was how I spent the last weekend. My aunt and my sister and his dad were also present to add to the cheering section.
A very fast and fun weekend!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

congrats to your son - woohoo. even getting close to 100 quilts is an admirable achievement.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is a great quilt and always fun to use blocks that have been sitting around for awhile! Almost 100 quilts is great!!! That is so many more quilts than none!!!

Congrats to your son! You DO look like a pround Momma!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Holly said...

I love the setting you chose for those blocks. Congratulations to your son!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Congratulations to your son! I like the unusual setting of the blocks in your quilt. It creates a lot of movement in the quilt.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

How exciting - you must be really proud of him. I was very happy when both my boys graduated.

The UFO looks great too. How nice to have them finally in a quilt. I love finishing UFO's.

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

And proud you should be!!! Congrats once again!

(Man, is he tall!)

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

The quilt looks great, Cher--almost Christmas-y in those block colors. But the best picture of all, of course is the one of you and Ryan. A very proud day!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Great picture of you and your son. I know how proud you are of him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home