Tuesday, July 15, 2008

more Sisters photos


a few more photos - the two that remind me of Gwen Marston were taught by Toni Phillips and made by her students-apparently she is a well known and popular local quilt teacher. The dog quilt is from another pattern-but I did not take down any information. I am going to take a look at my flickr account and see about uploading the majority of the photos I took at Sisters there.
I chose to put a few bright quilts here as they were just so much fun to see in person. If you click on the photos, they do enlarge. I have packed up my Wacky FAB challenge and will mail it off tomorrow. I also finished the binding on the king size bed quilt-so tonight was good in wrapping up two ongoing projects. I started hand quilting a pink quilt from last fall-made from leftover fabrics from the quilt I made one of my dil's for Christmas. I found every color of perle cotton I could imagine at BJ's Quilt Shop in Bend, OR...oh my. All I will say is I spent most of my money on a large sack filled with these gems. I pulled a pink one to use on the quilt. When I get a bit more quilting done, I will share a photo-but I have barely started so there is not enough to take a photo yet! This is my first time using perle cotton for hand quilting and I due to using a fabric foundation for the string blocks..I am already realizing why I meant to machine quilt it. Oh well, it will just be a bit more work to quilt through the extra layer of fabric. Next up is cutting the fabric we found to make a quilt for a friend who lives in Utah.
We found the perfect focus fabric and it only took me fifteen minutes to come up with a quilt design and figure yardage. I have it washed and ready for cutting too. I want to use the blocks for this new quilt as a leader/ender project as I continue on the K project.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

I LOVE these quilts. how much fun to live in an area with a dynamic inspiring teacher.

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Oh wow! I love love love the middle one. And a whole load of perle cotton too.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Patti said...

I love these quilts - the bright colors and the wonderful whimsy of the designs. It would be so much fun to make a quilt like one of these. Ahhhh . . . someday . . . when I find some 40 hour days.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Thank you so much for sharing. I would love to visit Sisters someday... haven't been to Oregon in ages.

I've posted a link to your blog as part of a weblog award. Thanks for brightening my day!

nancy

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Great pics from the Sisters show, Cher! Thanks for taking those particular ones *VBS* Nice to get to see Dottie's quilt hanging there.
I especially like your post about inspiration *VBS* Hugs, Finn

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Alison said...

I adore the photos of the flower pot quilts. One day I will go to the Sisters Show!!

We are coming to the Oregon Coast for a vacation in August. If you have any tips on quilt shops please do share.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I'm sure it is a challenge to hand quilt with the foundation. I think machine quilting or tying these is the easiest way to go but I guess you've figured that out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home