Sunday, July 13, 2008

first photos from Sisters Quilt Show




It's time to kick off photo sharing of Sisters Oregon Quilt Show- a terrific outdoor event held every year on the second Saturday of the month of July.
Dot had 4 quilts entered in this show- we managed to find 2 of them-and I am sharing my photos just to give her a chance to see them hanging up- they both sold by the way. I took about 93 photos and have uploaded and labeled them all for now. I did not find several quilts by blogland friends-with over 1,200 quilts, it was a lot to hunt down and see. Sometimes due to the crowds and placement, it was impossible to see the information on the printed labels attached to the quilts. It certainly recharged my batteries for inspiration-though honestly, I have been having so much fun in my quilting area, I was not lacking for inspiration to begin with! And though I took some hand quilting with me, I never did take a stitch while being away. At any rate, plenty of blog fodder until I have something new to share.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Gina said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your pictures.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger antique quilter said...

can't wait to see more pictures from this show.
Someday I will get there...its one show I would love to attend.
Kathie

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Looking forward to seeing the rest. Did you get one of Cathi's DJ?

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger dot said...

Thanks for showing my quilts and letting me know they sold. I was wondering if any of them did. You are so sweet to post mine first. Thank-you!!!!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Patti said...

How nice for Dot that the quilts sold! I particularly love the citrus quilt. I would have loved to see that one in person.

We had a good time camping but it wasn't at all what we expected due to a mouse problem for Rick and Rebecca. I hope to post the story on my blog today.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Dot's quilts are so much fun! I can't wait to see your other photos.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger dot said...

Cher- snd me your snail mail address via e-mail. I have seemed to misplaced it. Thanks again. Dot

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Thanks for the preview, Cher. I saw a few more on Quilting Journey's blog but how cool to see Dot's on yours first.

Did you put your 90 some in a web album too?

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I was at the show and it was wonderful to see the quilts in PERSON!

Bonnie

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Cher, you tease us! Can hardly wait for more of the Sister's Quilt Show :) Dot's quilts are very fun and happy!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog said...

Cher, Thanks for showing quilts from the Sister's show...it's a place I want to go sometime...but for now I'll enjoy it through you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home