Monday, September 14, 2009

strip twist blocks done


Last night I stitched the last section on the remaining blocks and then realized the light strip was too wide. drats! I ripped them apart and cut down and restitched. After pressing, I called it a night.

This morning I zipped them together, put them up on the design wall, rearranging as much as I could. This quilt put together as is, will come out about 45 inches by 60 inches. Large enough for an adult to snuggle under on the sofa.

That was my goal..an adult size snuggle quilt.

I could add borders, but, as I don't need it larger, and I really want to get it finished and given away I will just stitch the blocks together and let the binding add a final color touch on the edge.

I am thinking about quilting designs....probably something with curves..

Time to get out of here and to the day job...life is joyful

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Congrats on finishing the sewing of the blocks! I agree, something curve-y would be a good quilting compliment to the straight lines of the blocks. any ideas on binding color? maybe something to bring out the center colors?!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Well done, Cher! Especially considering how much time you were spending outside this weekend in the garden space.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Very pretty, Cher!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home