Friday, December 30, 2005

posting photos...and stuff

First off, I need to correct a detail (I am all about details)- I joined a stash quilts ring...stash buster is another group I am involved in. Stash quilts fits - the last two years I have almost exclusively made quilts from my stash, on occasion having to buy a border or binding to finish a quilt. I do a lot of scrap quilts which helps me limit my outside the fabric room shopping. I am a firm believer in shopping the stash first.

Another goal was to use up all my flannel stash. I am now on my sixth flannel quilt- none of them smaller than a large twin size...and still have two shelves full plus a bolt. That flannel sale really sucked me in several years ago!

I buried my ditigal camera in the Christmas company shifting of stuff. I have Cody's top posted but I am waiting until the quilt is bound/labeled to post the final photo- which will be two as I want to share the back.
So, please be patient ...eventually I will have many more photos...

The binding fabric is in the washing machine. It will take longer of course to get it ready to put on the quilt-and ironing yardage is not my favorite thing to do. Oh well...

By the way, I have plenty of old ufos! I have to update my ufo list but it's around the 15 to 20 count. I did finish my oldest ufo from 1999 this year. I have many many 2000 ufos as that was the year I took a lot of classes not understanding how much time it would take to finish those quilts !

No doubt I will always have some ufos...but I would like to get it down to under 5. I don't feel the need to have none...a variety of projects is a good thing -as it keeps me feeling more creative.

3 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Granny said...

Stashbusting/stashquilts .. so close but so different! I'm trying to make stash quilts while using the stash so I guess I'm stashbusting while stashquilting. Oh, don't confuse me! :)

Can't wait to see your pix!

Judy L.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Really looking forward to seeing your flannel quilts. Have a great weeking and find that camera! :)

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

I love flannel quilts...being a true Minnesotan gal! ;O) I look forward to seeing pics of them!
Hugs
laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home