Monday, January 02, 2006

short sewing


Still pondering goals for 2006
enjoying reading stash blogs...a wonderful inspiring variety of quilters- I celebrate you all !

yesterday had no power for several hours. focused on pinning and getting back to a charity project.
I make a point of working on charity quilting on the first of each year- it's my way of affirming my belief in giving.

I stitched when the power came back on - pressed what I did and then family took over the rest of my time.
Balance: it's what I try and bring to each day of my life- some days I do better than others. I accept that.

One goal- even if it's five minutes- quilt every day. Sure, I would love to spend a lot more of my time quilting-but why not enjoy what time I can put into quilting rather than lament I don't have more? For those that can devote the majority of their time to quilting-I am happy for them...and one day that may well be true for me.

Today, more block elements stitched and pressed. More than five minutes spent quilting-a good day so far.

Evelyn inspired me to share a photo of a knitted/felted bag given to me by my sil. I of course asked for a copy of the pattern as it was not available at any of the knit shops we visited-and after I finish my sweater, it will be my next knitting project. When it comes to knitting, I work on one project only at a time. I renewed my interest late last year-knitting a sweater for a one year old little girl - daughter of dear friends. It was a big hit. It's nice to come back to a craft after over twenty years and enjoy it. But, I am holding the line at doing knitting-it's too overwhelming to me to take on too many different crafts at one time.

Ok-back to the machine-the last four blocks await.

2 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you purposefully do a charity quilt at the begining of each year- that is simply a lovely tradition. what a great note on which to start!

I love that bag, by the way. I am a brand-new knitter and am about to try my own felted bag for the first time ever.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Love the bag! It's cute! And I like the 5 min/day rule of quilting! It's amazing how much that small amount of time can do for one's attitude!

Hugs
Laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home