Monday, January 30, 2006

wonky house lesson #1 ala Tonya


A rotten rainy dreary day here...got such a kick out of Tonya's post today I was inspired and hey! presto! my first wonky house.

You can see there is plenty of room for improvement...but, not bad either, all things considered. Just pulled what was on top in the large scrap bin I am working out of right now.

I admit it, as I work with the next grouping of scrappy sections, I am finding myself quite liking them! The lack of rhyme or reason is just so appealing-with unexpected bits of color or part of a print popping up...really suits my mood today.
There are still plenty of various orphan blocks sprinkled in as well.
I am now considering putting together one as a keeper for myself...wall hanging size.

6 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Debra Dee said...

Great wonky house. Make a few more and you'll have an entire village.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Weeehaaaa Cher!! The wonky house is GREAT! I love the zebra fabric, what a hoot! :c)

Bonnie

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

Room for improvement? what do you mean -- its already wonky you want it wonkier??? :-)

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Hey Cher - that's a great house! Do you have leopard and tiger fabric too? :-) You could have a jungle village! You are having just TOO much fun, girl!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

LOVE the zebra fabric - looks fabulous and fun. You did a great job and I hope you keep making more. Love the scrappy quilts you've been doing too.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Love the wonky house. I saw them on Tonya's blog and want to try some too. Just don't feel like sewing much yet. But I think maybe this weekend I'll pull some stuff from my scrap bins and just play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home