Friday, April 14, 2006

a very pink quilt



Here is the entire quilt-which now lives with my sister. An online group I belong to suggested sending me blocks when I said I was making one for her chemo time. I said, any block, make it pink. My friends did an amazing job of sending wonderful blocks. The pink ribbon block in the center I paper pieced thanks to LJ sending me the pattern. I know she helped another gal with it..but still she came through when I asked her. Plus she sent more blocks to help me out.

Isn't this a fun quilt? Setting them together took a bit of work and again friends came to the rescue in helping me move blocks around and get the best result..got to love sending digital photos of layouts and getting feedback! The applique and the paper piecing blocks are really special.

What was going to be a small lap quilt really grew...and when my mom read the label it made her cry. I let her know how much we all were supporting her and she was very touched at so many of my friends, strangers to her would go to so much trouble. I also made a double pinwheel, again thanks to LJ's help.

I managed to applique the third petal tonight. I am so slow....I am not finding it relaxing as I am struggling so much to come up on the fold and not have my stitches show...sure is a learning process. I am meeting Patti tomorrow at a great quilt shop and bringing some of my quilts for show and tell....guess I had better get some sleep!

6 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

The quilt turned out so pretty from a bunch of all different sizes and all different patterns. I well remember all the notes and pictures, IM'ing back and forth to make this a reality and have it ready for your Mom to enjoy.

Gotta love that pink!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Finn said...

It's an absolutely beautiful quilt Cher, and for sure, a labor of love.

I am constantly amazed at how much help the computer, the internet, long distance friends and quilt pals can make. Somehow it seems that a love of quilts is the common factor..*VBS* All the blocks are beautiful...and I'm not even surprised to hear that Linda J was a huge help...she's such a sweetie and so giving...thanks for introducing us...Hugs, Finn

 
At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The quilt is beautiful and I'm glad it was well received!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

What a beautiful quilt Cher.

Darilyn

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

This is a beautiful quilt - may it bring it's owner many comforting moments !

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

what a wonderful gesture all your friends made to help you out. What a warm quilt, full of love to snuggle under during those difficult days of chemo. Great job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home