Saturday, May 06, 2006

baby shower anyone?

I did put together a stash scrappy backing for the blue rail fence top. We headed over with a car filled with balloons and cake to the kids for the baby shower this afternoon. What a fun time was had by all. One couple brought their 5 month old son and I had a chance to hold and play with him-what a happy happy baby. They got many lovely and sweet baby things and my son did a bbq that was fantastic-brisket and chicken with potatoe salad-all made by him. I am going to have to get back to several ongoing quilt projects around here. Right after tomorrow...my once a month wraptheminlove small group here- the Portland Piecers meet tomorrow-and I have the rail fence to pin for quilting. It's round up all the quilts, look them over, and take their picture time. Next Saturday I am driving to Eugene to hand them all over to Pam so she can take them with her to Mexico. I have a feeling we are going to have over 30 quilts Pam. I won't be posting any photos here of them-the website for wraptheminlove has it's own quilt gallery where those photos will end up able to be viewed by all interested folks, eventually.
It was supposed to rain today, but held off...so it's out to water the new plants and seedlings for me.
Life is Good:
staying up all night to finish reading a really enthralling book
visiting with family and friends
holding a giggling, wriggling- with -joy baby

4 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Doesn't it feel good to make quilts to donate? I'm away from home for the weekend again but I've bought my afghans - knitted and crochet - to work on. I'm not sure where these two will go - it will depend on their finished size.

Did you change your website? Only the latest entry seems to come up. I only ask because sometimes I don't get to visit for a few days and I like to be able to scroll down to see what I missed.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Ah, nothing NOTHING beats holding a baby....sure hope you were able to get him to hold still long enough to kiss his little neck...that is the best place to kiss a baby!!!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

"Life is good"
{{{Hugs}}}
Jeanne :)

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun shower, and the menu, YUM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home