Friday, April 28, 2006

finished rail fence top

Here is the first variation from Billie Lauder's book Beyond the Rail Fence.
It's 40 by 60 inches.
Today I went downtown to the NW Quilter's Guild quilt show. I took a lot of photos-and brought home the guide so I could give some credit. The quilter of interest is also a member in my guild MPS...she does stunning work. Jo Barry is her name. I took many of her quilts also. In fact I voted for one of her quilts as best of show. I didn't know it was hers until after I voted. Tonight I have been doing prep on the last part of the applique blocks I am doing for a member of my small quilt group. Once these centers are on-I will post a photo as well. So, it's off to watch some tv and applique away. It would be nice to get these done tonight. I have the weekend to myself-M is off to music camp and I plan on getting a lot of quilty stuff done! I still have some fun photos of Billie's class as well to post. At least this is something for now.

4 Comments:

At 5:56 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Cher, I don't see the maverick block??? I like how this turned out, so fun to be able to take a simple block and change it up a bit for a whole new look.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Really great looking fence rail..I like it! Sounds like a pretty perfect weekend ahead, enjoy!!! Hugs, Finn

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Oh dear - I sure wish I'd known that NW Quilters quilt show was this weekend. I could have planned better - maybe. I just don't see how I can fit it in. I missed it last year also. I hate to miss their show. I'm counting on you to post lots of pictures from it!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I love rail fences when I want to do a little bit of chain sewing! Your top looks great - I always use odds and ends of scraps, but like the effect of using all the same fabric too.

Glad you enjoyed the quilt show!!!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home