Wednesday, May 03, 2006

and now photos from NW Quilters Guild


I took a lot of photos...so I will put up a few...each day until they are all up. I am too lazy to go get a photo account but I don't want so many photos those on dial up wait forever while they load.
April was a so-so month quilty wise for me...but, I did do some major cleaning in here-and have a new attitude this month. I am quilting on and nearly done with the sunny or sunshine quilt. Along with the blue rail fence quilt-I am aiming to have these ready by Sunday! Throw in helping with my dil's baby shower on Saturday...well, it's petal to the metal time. Half my day though gets devoted to gardening. It's warming up and my days of digging in the dirt are numbered. Our soil has a high degree of clay-which means when it gets too warm, that "soil" gets like cement! No digging at that point. I have maybe another flat of bedding plants left to get into the ground. I love the sunshine so I am not complaining-just plan on sleeping less to do more :-)

9 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Hmmmm. I love the bright circle quilt. I need to take a class on how to do circles. I would like to try a NY beauty some time, but also have to learn to paper piece!

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that bright circle quilt as well. Lovely!

Enjoy the gardening and quilting!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Patti said...

That circle quilt looks like your colors! I hear you about the gardening - we have heavy clay also. I've been adding stuff to it for almost 32 years now, and it's only a little better. Makes weeking a huge tiresome chore. We had the best dirt when I was a kid - things just pulled right out of it easily.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

Like the circle quilt...even though I am a repro kinda girl in general!

No gardening for me this year, but maybe in the new house, whenever we find it! I'll be leaving behind a lovely herb garden and soft fruit bed here in Waterford...

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, good to see some pictures!

I have to echo the rest, love the circle quilt, great colors and the roundness is soooo fun..have to think about that..*VBS*

Glad to hear you are getting your time for gardening..always a refresher for our souls..Hugs, Finn

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

The circle one is my fav of the two shown. Is it raw edge finished? The colors are so fun and so "YOU"

See you when you are done digging around in the dirt!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Aaaah -- it's tough choice: quilting or gardening?
Jeanne :)

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Hanne said...

I like both the quilts :-) Happy gardening to you !

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I'm gardening too, but still wearing a winter jacket! Love the colors/design on that circle quilt too - don't you just love a good quilt show full of eye candy?

Cheers!

Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home